What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Iceman, seen it many times, outstanding. True story. Just watch it.
TLDR YES it isn't as acurate to the reality of the real guy, so what, yes he was a scumbag and a real twisted piece of work, if you've listened to the interviews blah blah blah, this isn't as acurate/real, but to watch it purely as a film, this is very good. That's enough for me, sorry not sorry.
Is this about Richard Kuklinski, the mafia hitman guy? I read a book about him. Absolute nutcase.

Permabanned
Is this about Richard Kuklinski, the mafia hitman guy? I read a book about him. Absolute nutcase.
Yep! Just watch it as a film and not as a 1:1 portrail and you'll LOVE it. Micheal Shannon doesn't tend to do bad films/bad acting. Chris Evans is very good in this, and majorly out of his usual wheelhouse.
It's only around 90mins, so short and sweet, so no big deal to watch.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's ok if you're a god damned sexual tyrannosaurus
iu

Caporegime
John Wick 4. Just ridiculous with the overlong fights and batfink blazers. You could cut at least an hour and have a far better viewing experience. The first John Wick was vaguely plausible, but with each subsequent movie have become ridiculous, I mean a blind assassin, wtf, 4/10.

Yeah sadly my thoughts as well. After a while the non stop fight scenes just become boring.

Man of Honour
Commando

The Arnie ‘classic’ which I’ve seen several times.

The very quotable one liners are great, legendary even, but the film is otherwise surprisingly boring. The downtime between these moments is agonising. I don’t think I’ve ever made it through once without my attention dropping away.

The marimba-laced score is also hateful.

My memory of this film is always better than the experience of watching it.

5/10

Soldato
Commando

The Arnie ‘classic’ which I’ve seen several times.

The very quotable one liners are great, legendary even, but the film is otherwise surprisingly boring. The downtime between these moments is agonising. I don’t think I’ve ever made it through once without my attention dropping away.

The marimba-laced score is also hateful.

My memory of this film is always better than the experience of watching it.

5/10
I wholeheartedly agree, it's a good example of movies from the 80's held high on a pedestal that aren't actually that great outside of the obvious moments.

There are some absolute classics across 80's/90's but there is a lot of stuff that would be torn to shreds if released these days and not viewed through rose tinted glasses.

I say this as a huge 80s/90s fan (it's my childhood/formative years) - i'm also realistic about how good a lot of these movies really were when you strip away nostalgia.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, the action scenes in it are laughable (though maybe they were aiming for that?). Main bad guy gets shot out of a window without much trouble, barely an inconvenience. Also Bennet as loveable as he is as a bad guy is really just trash. And what is it with his knitted “chainmail”?
You can see a lot of springboards launching bad guys in the air around explosions too - not even well hidden.

Associate
Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

I had never heard of this film until this week, based on a recommendation as I am partial to a good old revenge thriller.

Paddy Considine plays the part of a Para seeking payback in a small Midlands town. I thought it was decent if you like these sorts of movies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom