What film did you watch last night?

Permabanned
I'm not sure I've seen Days of Thunder, wonder where I can watch it.
How dare you, I'll slap the **** out of you! You must mate! I dunno I have it on DVD, buy it, must be pennies, just look up the cast/plot, instant buy!
The soundtrack from the very start intro song is just OFFT!
It is LITERALLY Top Gun at Nascar. Cannot go wrong! They even basically say that in the making of. And it's the reason it was made no joke!

Last edited:
Soldato
How dare you, I'll slap the **** out of you! You must mate! I dunno I have it on DVD, buy it, must be pennies, just look up the cast/plot, instant buy!
The soundtrack from the very start intro song is just OFFT!
Just don't set the bar too high as when people do that I always end up disappointed.

Permabanned
Just don't set the bar too high as when people do that I always end up disappointed.
Just think Top Gun at Nascar, real world stunts no CGI, banging soundtrack, nice bit of eye candy, hilarious jokes/Robert Duvall etc etc, TRUST ME on this!
There's a scene in the hospital is all I'm going to say, and they all genuinely improv'ed it and laughed their asses off/tried to hold a straight face for the lines, and it really is their real reaction, it's glorious, and RD improv's his "sorry I'm trying not to laugh" bit into it and it works, but he really IS laughing his ass off, SO good. LOVE stuff like that.

If you watched the clip of the rental car scene I posted before, you'll get a good idea how funny it can be, and the driving too offt!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just think Top Gun at Nascar, real world stunts no CGI, banging soundtrack, nice bit of eye candy, hilarious jokes/Robert Duvall etc etc, TRUST ME on this!
There's a scene in the hospital is all I'm going to say, and they all genuinely improv'ed it and laughed their asses off/tried to hold a straight face for the lines, and it really is their real reaction, it's glorious, and RD improv's his "sorry I'm trying not to laugh" bit into it and it works, but he really IS laughing his ass off, SO good. LOVE stuff like that.

If you watched the clip of the rental car scene I posted before, you'll get a good idea how funny it can be, and the driving too offt!
Watched the first 40 mins of it, all the hallmarks of a classic, I thought it might be a cheesefest at first but it's decent so far.

Did Cruise actually drive the car?

Permabanned
Watched the first 40 mins of it, all the hallmarks of a classic, I thought it might be a cheesefest at first but it's decent so far.

Nice! I red he did do some driving and I red years ago he helped write it, or had something to do with the whole concept and either pitched it to who greenlit Top Gun or whatever - but yeah stunts wise "Days of Thunder, NASCAR driver Greg Sacks was enlisted to drive in the riskier scenes in order to protect Tom Cruise’s pretty face." but Cruise did still drive in it.

He also ended up marrying NK after this, so the rumour is that love and chemistry is pretty much real/not scripted/improve and just flowed naturally, he also chose NK himself to be the love interest...

It's Tarrantino's favourite racing movie too...

There's loads of cool other facts like how the ice cream scene really happened in RL during a race, and that's it's loosely based around a real persons career/events in racing...
Some information here:
and here:

Lemme know what you think when it finishes, I'm rewatching Predator (yet again haha!)
"You're hit! You're bleeding man!"
"I aint got time to bleed!"

Last edited:
Caporegime

Not sure he had the cache to do 'all' the driving back then.

Certainly now he does all his own car stunts in things like Mission Impossible.

Associate
I watched die hard 2 with the Mrs, we actually wanted number 3 but didn't realise it was the wrong one for a good 20 minutes and by then it was too late to change it, it's still a good film so didn't matter!

Permabanned
I watched die hard 2 with the Mrs, we actually wanted number 3 but didn't realise it was the wrong one for a good 20 minutes and by then it was too late to change it, it's still a good film so didn't matter!
The first is THE best christmas movie ever, well tied with Lethal Weapon. FACT.

Watched Predator 2, although I hate the whole voodoo magic gang stuff, it's tolerable, but I love how this is basically the Lethal Weapon cast in another role, and love Danny Glover, and feel although this shouldn't work, it did (for it's time), I like the mutal respect ending confrontation too. Maybe a 6/10 but it works well enough if you wanted to double team after the original. WAY better than any AVP or Predator cash in sequels.

Shame though with AVP/Predator sequels, that they didn't just put the effort in, as it could genuinely work, I'd rather they either didn't bother at all or did it faithfully, reminds me of the Freddy VS Jason BS, you think hang on, IF you're gonna do a modern day Freddy or Jason film, with modern CGI/effects, it COULD be terrifying, instead just a typical fit girl running over teen slasher BS cash in fest, such a shame. Even H20 Halloween was good, we ignore that silly 8th one and the final 1 they released last Halloween.

Oh and @sigma if you haven't finished the rest of DOT now, I'm officially kicking you in the dick m9. NO excuses, half ass watching 40mins at a time like a blouse!

Now to doubleteam Prometheus and Alien Covenant - why it wasn't just called Prometheus 2 when everyone including me literally predicting this without watching it, I'll never know!
Ridley thought he was being sly again like Prometheus when we all know the minute we saw the supreme being/ship in Prometheus it was THE prequel to Alien.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Leon: The Professional - 6/10

Somehow I've never seen this. Cast was great. My god the film was creepy. Reading the wiki and about the director basing it on his own relationship with an underage girl made it even more creepy.

Permabanned
Leon: The Professional - 6/10

Somehow I've never seen this. Cast was great. My god the film was creepy. Reading the wiki and about the director basing it on his own relationship with an underage girl made it even more creepy.
That's an amazing film, if you hadn't bothered looking into it afterwards, and had just watched it, I'd imagine you'd rate it higher...

I don't even dare to look into it, but it sounds like you've based your opinion on the film based on the wiki, so your ranking seems biased. I will not read it but get that you did, I swear every great record/movie has wronguns/druggies behind it!

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's an amazing film, I don't even dare to look into it, but it sounds like you've based your opinion on the film based on the wiki, so your ranking seems biased. I will not read it but get that you did, I swear every great record/movie has wronguns/druggies behind it!
Nah I read the wiki afterwards, that aspect of the film was just pretty uncomfortable.

Caporegime
At the end of the day, some movies do age and they can age horribly.

Look at American Pie. Made $350 million at the worldwide box office in 1999. I was 17 and at college when I saw that, and it had lots of laughs and I was well up for seeing naked Shannon Elizabeth as a horny 17 year old.

Watch it now - Jim illegally livestreams her masturbating without her knowledge/consent. That's a felony. He suffers no consequences for this and her character gets deported.

Laugh riot now isn't it...

As for Leon that's actually a perfect example of movies that don't age well. For me it's a movie I absolutely used to love as a teenager. I first saw that film around 1996, before my 14th birthday. I was blown away and watched that so many times growing up. It was my favourite film for a few years.

I think I watched the extended 4k edition during the pandemic with my wife and what I used to think was cool as ****, didn't hold up anymore. The performances are fine, but it does get a bit icky.

It'll happen to many people's favourite movies and it's not because of "woke". Time changes us all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom