What film did you watch last night?

Associate
The Beekeeper (2024) - 8/10
A really enjoyable revenge action film full of fast paced action and corny bee-related dialogue.

Although the character’s backstory has been done many times before, the plot has some modern ideas and modern villains which are easy to hate and the strong moral message was quite refreshing.

Good acting from a good cast of characters and whilst some of the henchmen are a bit silly, their larger than life presence adds some surprises into what is otherwise pretty standard fare.

Good pacing, music and fight scenes keep it entertaining throughout, although the start is pretty slow and the ending rather abrupt.

Caporegime
Napoleon https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13287846/

Although I enjoy programmes about history, I can't say I know much about Napoleon's life.

Maybe that was a good thing, as I didn't go in with specific expectations.
And perhaps due to that, I managed to enjoy it more than I would have otherwise.

Some very intense and gory battle scenes.

I thought it was a good film, but nothing stood out to make it something special… well, possibly apart from the music. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Whiplash 8/10

One that's been on my 'I really should watch this at some point' list for too long. I'm not sure I buy the central concept of the film (that only pain and torment can lead to genius) but the lead pair were both great and it was very well made.
Try 'Sound of Metal' as a double feature. More drumming.

Back
Top Bottom