What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) - 8/10

Slow to get going and a lot more artistic than traditional in its presentation, but when it does get going, it becomes something spectacular.

Miller’s artistic vision and style is captivating and whilst the action scenes aren’t as good or as frequent as in ‘Fury Road’, they are still very enjoyable and have this different surreal style to them, almost stop-motion at times.

The story is a bit lacking, but has some good themes and both of the lead actors were great, although they did take a while to grow on me.

The world-building and iconic characters stand out for their peculiarity and whilst long, I was entertained throughout.

Associate
Godzilla X Kong 7/10

Im a sucker for kaiju movies. Great effects (apart from a couple of weirdly 1970s Dr Who level scenes) and monster battles. Paper thin plot. Pointless humans who act narrators. Great fun!

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't watched the original in a few years.

Watchmen - Ultimate Cut. An extra hour on top of the theatrical cut. 3.5 hours ! Forgot how well made it was. One of Synder best work imo amd up there in this genre. It really did have a solid cast that brought Alan Moore's work to life. Near Perfection. 9/10.

It was well ahead of its time, 15 years ago!!

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Train to Busan. 7/10.

Good fun, but feel it loses some momentum after the strong guy door scene and overall it’s a little too long. Enjoyed it on the whole though. Heard the sequels are awful, so may not go any further with the series.

Surely with the ending and the tunnel, they’d never be able to verify anyone…

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pacific Rim Uprising (2018)

I've seen the first film a couple of times and it's pretty good, but not enough to be that bothered with the sequel.

The second one is truly awful. John Boyega, annoyingly, shouts almost all of his lines and they're all utterly ridiculous. In fact almost all of the dialogue is dreadful and most of the acting is terrible. The plot is wafer thin, full of holes and beyond stupid.

The only decent thing in the entire film is the visual effects.

I can see how this bombed and ended up a cartoon series on Netflix.

2/10

Soldato
Zombies can't sing.
I get that part. But anyone who doesn’t think to sing in a frickin’ tunnel then gets shot? Really? :cry: It just made me laugh.
That and the drama of the Dad falling off a very slow moving train a couple of feet when he’d turned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom