What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Boy Kills World (2024)

Fairly standard revenge plot with a few unique elements and some of the best fight choreography I've seen.

6/10

I actually saw a trailer for it when we went to watch The Fall Guy, so I'm surprised to see it came to digital streaming so quickly.

Did it even have a theatrical release in the UK?

Also disappointed The Fall Guy came to digital streaming less than three weeks after I saw it at the cinema. It's not exactly cheap to go to my local Odeon at £43 for two tickets to an iSense showing, plus £3 to park.

Soldato
The First Omen 5.5/10. OK and a very slow burn. Did appreciate the tie in at the end to the original Omen. I didn't realise this was a prequel as oppose to the usual reboots.

A few cheap jump scares, but not very scary or disturbing - but an interesting back story.

Father Brennan, it irked me the whole movie and i could think of where i recognised him from - it's Finchy from The Office!

Soldato
The coffee table 5/10

Watched it due to some reviews calling it the most disturbing film of 2024...well it was release on 11th January. It was ok but there wasn't enough content to fill the overlong runtime.
Hope it wasn't a glass one !

Saving Private Ryan , oh my that opening beach scene is just one of the best moments in cinema.

Caporegime
The Exorcist: Believer

Woo woo speaking in funny voices, head turns around, someone pishes their bed, spitting, cursing, letters appear on people, house shakes, crucifix falls usual crap. Utter waste of time. Was just surprised that the mother from the first movie is in it (at age 91) and a literal 20 second cameo from Linda Blair right at the end. First movie done it much better

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Some vintage tonight with The Spanish Prisoner. I remember when it came out on VHS/DVD originally. I was working in a video store at the time. I immediately wrote it off, not knowing that it was a David Mamet film. I just didn't believe Steve Martin would be believable playing it straight. Boy was I wrong. There's a maguffin and a long con. Well worth a watch 8/10

Last edited:
Caporegime
Late Night With The Devil

Fairly refreshing format for a horror, I found it pretty engaging and interesting. 7/10

Challengers

The whole love triangle aspect was ok, but there was way too much focus on actual tennis and manufactured tension with slow-mo and music. 4/10

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Something just felt a bit off with this, like something was missing. Not as good as the previous entry, and too much nostalgia-bait. 5/10

Associate
The Fall Guy - 6.5/10

Entertaining and fun film, with some great stunts (ofc!) and subtle nods to the original series. I do prefer Gosling in comedy roles to when he is trying to be serious.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Atlas - it was ok i guess, the special effect itself was pretty good at times but the overall story was a tad simplistic and Jlo's character was kinda cliche. I guess it was a once off but wouldnt be rushing to watch it again. 5/10.

Furiosa - Already covered what i thought in the main thread but overall i enjoyed it and found the cast had a good performance and the screenplay was solid as well. 8/10.

The Witch (2015) - Was meaning to check this out for a while as it supposed to be pretty decent. i wasnt sure if i wasnt paying attention enough or it just was not what i expected. I get that not all horror movies are jump scares etc but it wasnt really a good portrayal either. The dialogue was in old english and found it a little hard to follow with the volume of the sounds as some of it were murmurs and mutters in moments in tension. Unfortunately it ended up to be a similar experience I had to Midsommar. Just wasnt my cup of tea. 4/10.

the witch spoiler -
what would have helped imo i wanted to know more about the witches themselves, I know Thomasin eventually joined them with the help the devil but i gues the movie focus was on the family and how this unfolded for them rather than the supernatural elements itself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom