What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Blood Work (2002) - 6/10

I read the Michael Connelly book last week, so thought I'd watch the movie with Clint Eastwood. Quite a lot of differences to the book, to the point of even a different killer. Quite a drastic change. Quite a lot left out. I thought the book was quite clever, the movie seemed very simplified, but I guess that's often the case squashing a 10 hour book into a 2 hour movie?

Associate
Inside Out 2 (2024) - 6/10

A good concept and the colourful zany cast had an abundance of emotion, but it wasn’t as fun or memorable as it could have been.

The simple story wasn’t particularly strong or entertaining, the locations inside the mind were lacking in creativity and by splitting up the 2 sets of emotions, you didn’t get to see much of them interacting with each other.

A few funny moments and a few emotional moments, but I expected more from it.

Soldato
Dream Scenario

6.5/10

Started off well, nice idea and Nicolas Cage does a great job of playing the lead but the ending was a bit of a let down. Worth a watch but could have been something more.

Don
Under Paris (Netflix) - 3/10

Generic by the numbers shark film that features almost every clichéd trope you can think of (person who thinks they can "talk" to sharks and then gets eaten, person with the bomb detonator getting eaten, person of power thinking they've got it under control when they haven't etc.)
The only surprising part is the ending, that unusually isn't a happy one.

If you really need a shark fix then avoid this and rewatch Jaws, Deep Blue Sea or The Meg, all are a much better use of your time.

Soldato
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (Apple Store purchase)

Watching them all again in order, I think for me I like Mad Max the best, but I do enjoy 2, Ive only watched Fury Road once which was ages ago, can't remember much of it, I know its rated highly, and to some considered their favourite, so look forward to watching that again.

I think I prefer the original as well.

I've always had a soft spot for Thunderdome, as I seen it several times as kid, but having had watched all of them somewhat recently I think the first one is better, possibly the second as well, although I've actually only ever seen the second once, about 5 years ago or so.

I think Thunderdome is less serious, almost goofy in places, and quite over the top as well, where are the first two are a lot more down to earth.

Fury road probably is better than all the old ones, and although this might not make sense, to me, it's similar but also different, so in some ways I don't really put them in the same category anyway.

Associate
Blood Work (2002) - 6/10

I read the Michael Connelly book last week, so thought I'd watch the movie with Clint Eastwood. Quite a lot of differences to the book, to the point of even a different killer. Quite a drastic change. Quite a lot left out. I thought the book was quite clever, the movie seemed very simplified, but I guess that's often the case squashing a 10 hour book into a 2 hour movie?
Read and watched this years ago, but mostly forgot it until I read a couple of Bosch books recently with Terry McCaleb in. Quite enjoy the cross overs in Connelly's world. Might need to revisit book, though not the movie as I remember it being a bit dull.

Back
Top Bottom