What film did you watch last night?

The Watchers. A bit slow but at least it was not a 2 hour movie. 5/10

Looked like it took inspiration from the series "From" and WTH Daywalker, now that's original.

Turbulence (1997)

I don't know why I didn't see this back when it would've been on VHS, but I wished I hadn't seen it now, sort of.

There's a whole new level of movie stupid in this film that it probably makes it a film that's so bad it's good. At times it' so ridiculous, it's like a parody of Airplane!

With the addition of Ray Liotta's performance going full Nicholas Cage half way through the film.

RNG/10

Last edited:
The Boat that Rocked (2009)
Good fun take on the UK's pirate radio scene. Try finding the full cut as the various editions are shortened
7.5/10 you'll enjoy it if you are a connoisseur of music, has some funny bits in there as well

The Boat that Rocked (2009)
Good fun take on the UK's pirate radio scene. Try finding the full cut as the various editions are shortened
7.5/10 you'll enjoy it if you are a connoisseur of music, has some funny bits in there as well
It's a great film, and sadly underrated.

Last edited:
It's a great film, and sadly underrated.
I think it might had performed better in box office if they had released it a few years later, when you consider people seem to appreciate good music in film more (like guardians and the other marvel stuff)
Although part of me chuckles when people watch those films and discover music the rest of us have enjoyed for donkeys years, which was around before most of us were born :)

Last edited:
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes 5/10. Loved the recent trilogy films but wasn't a fan of this. Found it far too long and boring.

I fancied a horror last night, so I watched Late Night With the Devil.
Didn't like it. I thought the acting was weird and the little bits of cgi were rubbish. Ending was crap.

Tonight I watched Boy Kills World.
Good bit of action/comedy and the soundtrack was pumping, sub got plenty of use. Looked good in 4k but a shame there's no HDR.

The Killing (1956) 6/10

I am always on the hunt for great Hollywood film noir classics.

Stanley Kubrick was involved in this one, and stars Sterling Hayden (I never knew this actors name, but you'll recognise if you've watched The Godfather).

The film overall is not bad, watchable, and violent for its time. Can see it inspired other films. Not up there with some classics like Hitchcock but watchable if you like old gangster flicks.

Last edited:
deadpool &wolverine 9/10
great film, not such an unlikely couple at all really, they rubbed off each other well, helps if you are a marvel geek like I am later into the film though
the music was fantastic, and well used
fight scenes were good, humour was excellent.
really helps if you have seen Loki
and finally wolverine was allowed to be really stabby, as he should be
9/10 would recommend, bugger me, the cinema was busy, more packed than I've seen for ages

Last edited:
Mafia Mamma. Mildly ammusing and had a pretty graphic/gory murder.

A Quiet Place: Day One. Was ok i suppose.

Last edited:
The invisible man - quite enjoyed this one, some good gripping, creepy and shocking scenes. Going to the cinema later to see twisters, first one was an enjoyable watch back in the day, so hoping that this is somewhat decent

The invisible man - quite enjoyed this one, some good gripping, creepy and shocking scenes. Going to the cinema later to see twisters, first one was an enjoyable watch back in the day, so hoping that this is somewhat decent
I am sure you will enjoy it as we all did, let us know how you get on.

Exhuma. Korean thriller/horror about a haunting and the team who try to fix it by visiting the graveside and digging up the coffin. Interesting spectacle wise, definitely has a decent level of dread, not super scary though. 7/10

Back
Top Bottom