What film did you watch last night?

Deadpool 3 - I enjoyed, not sure how much compared to the others...I thought it lacked a little in the constant DP humour, but it's still a good DP movie and there were a few great moments.

Recent events made me want to watch the Blade films again, all two of them.

Blade 8/10 - Some of the CGI is laughable, particularly the raspberry deaths and the ridiculous CGI blood drop but the cast is great and the tone is perfect. Opening scene is still one of the best.
Blade 2 8.5/10 - I've gone back and forth over whether I prefer the second or first but I think the second is slightly better. The romance is a little forced, some of the CGI is terrible (when they make the characters do 'vampire' things they can't do as humans) although I think the CGI for the dusting still looks great. I like the three way uneasiness between Blade/Vamps/Reapers with a little bonus human side. It's got some great side characters.

Due to a Disney holiday coming up, we've been watching some Disney films that are referenced at the parks. Just so we have a vague idea who is who and from what...

Watched The Princess and The Frog over the weekend.

Film is alright overall. The villain, Dr Facilier is great. But the soundtrack.... Oh yeah. New Orleans has been on my list to visit for some time.

The Batman. Watched it on Prime. A solid 7/10. By far the darkest out of all the batman films I've watched and I think I've seen them all.

How Robert Pattinson survives the entire film is beyond my understanding, he might as well have been a cartoon character, given he was shot, stabbed, had a bomb blow up in his face, and received blows to his body and to his head that would have killed most men. Paul Dano's take on the Riddler is completely psychotic, probably the most psychotic Batman character I've seen, even more psychotic than the Joker and that is saying a lot. As for Zoe kravitz role as Catwoman :D;)

Watched twisters yesterday in the cinema, i really enjoyed it, sound, characters, visuals i thought were all very good, pacing it was maybe a bit too long i felt but other than that i think it was a worthy sequel, i would need to watch the first film again but i appreciate both.

Dick Tracy (1990)

Another film I've only seen once before, back in the VHS days. I certainly remember a lot of hype about the film at the time of it's release.

From a technical point of view it's a pleasure to watch. The costumes, sets, make up, the score, even the matte paintings are very impressive. The acting is also great with Al Pacino in full Al Pacino mode.

The only thing that lets it down is it's too cartoony for adults, too serious for kids and not thrilling or interesting for younger teenagers.

Even in 1990 I doubt this would appeal to the adults that read the comic strip or kids that had no clue about it's origins or even gangsters.

Which is a shame, because everything else is top notch.

6/10

Slap Shot (1977)

I have a vague memory of being allowed to watch this, maybe in the early eighties. Either that or I've just seen clips over the years and think I've seen it.

To be honest I enjoyed this quite a lot, even though it's a bit of a one trick pony, once Paul Newman's character decides the team are just going play dirty and start fights with the opposition.

What's even more fascinating is most of what goes on in the film is based on events that took place in real ice hockey games.

7/10

I really want to see this again. My lad is 14 and loved Goon which I loved cause I saw Slap Shot when I was his age.

UK to Tokyo and back in 6 days.

The Prestige. (8/10). I definitely am going to rewatch this one.
Richard Jewell (7/10). Decent but could have lost about 20 mins with no problem.
Game Night (8/10). A rewatch as I was losing the will to live. How can that be profitable for FritoLay?
George Carlin's American Dream (7/10). I liked Judd Apatow's biopic of Garry Shandling better but this one had to be watched.
The American President (9/10). Michael Douglas and Annette Bening in their pomp. Only dropping a point due to getting too Sorkin in the last 20 mins.

Late Night With the Devil. (9/10). I've seen David Dastmalchian in other things but he absolutely shines in this. I watch a lot of US talk shows and he has it nailed.

deadpool &wolverine 9/10
great film, not such an unlikely couple at all really, they rubbed off each other well, helps if you are a marvel geek like I am later into the film though
the music was fantastic, and well used
fight scenes were good, humour was excellent.
really helps if you have seen Loki
and finally wolverine was allowed to be really stabby, as he should be
9/10 would recommend, bugger me, the cinema was busy, more packed than I've seen for ages
definately agree with on that, the deadpool dance scene got me laughing, the author of mischief would be also funny to included maybe they will include in deadpool & wolverine 2

I watched Longlegs at the cinema last night. Didn't know what it was about beyond the the short description on the cinema website. I actually quite enjoyed it, quite eerie in places and Cage (unrecognisable) played the role pretty well. Very odd film though.

Last edited:
where did you watch this? mum and me have been wanting to watch it but none of the streamers seem to have it
It's in my Blu-ray collection and has been ripped to my Plex server.

Apparently it's on BBC iPlayer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom