What film did you watch last night?

I was disappointed. I remember watching the trailer at the time, the part where Murphy shoots the smokers cigarette, Robocop got sanitised. :(
I remember that. Woke Robocop its like a self-fulfilling prophecy :D
The bit where OCP are testing the prototypes was hilarious though.

Last edited:
Bad Boys: Ride or Die 6/10

I didn't expect this to be quite so tied to the previous one, had to pause and read the recap to remind myself what had happened! The action was good, the story was...serviceable. A few pretty huge leaps to keep the story going. Bad guy felt very generic tbh too. Thought the cinematography was a big step up though, some well filmed scenes, although the FPS bit was a bit OTT.
It's a bit odd that Mike gets married but his wife is barely in the film until she's kidnapped. Just feels weird, like she had about 10 lines. Mind you the other character that was kidnapped had even less lines than that.
There is the ingredients for a better film in there, needed a better script.

A Quiet Place: Day One 6.5/10

I think I would have enjoyed this more if the previous two never happened, but the formula has got stale and this doesn't really do anything new (there are attempts to widen the 'lore' of the creatures but they fall pretty flat) Shame as I like both the leads and there is nothing particularly wrong with the story (in fact the core story between the 2 leads is actually good) It's just not 'third film in a series' good.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die 6/10

I didn't expect this to be quite so tied to the previous one, had to pause and read the recap to remind myself what had happened! The action was good, the story was...serviceable. A few pretty huge leaps to keep the story going. Bad guy felt very generic tbh too. Thought the cinematography was a big step up though, some well filmed scenes, although the FPS bit was a bit OTT.
It's a bit odd that Mike gets married but his wife is barely in the film until she's kidnapped. Just feels weird, like she had about 10 lines. Mind you the other character that was kidnapped had even less lines than that.
There is the ingredients for a better film in there, needed a better script.
They swaped Martin Lawrence wife out

Yeah I assume she didn't want to continue, she'd basically retired before the last one. She was barely in it as well tbh. Just a weird film, it felt like all the characters other than the main two were underdeveloped, even the bad guy....yet the run time was pretty long.

Don't laugh, but I'm a sucker for survival films and saw The Hunt (2020) was on C4 the other day, so I recorded and watched that after reading some reviews.

Not too bad if you like that sort of thing...has anyone got some other suggestions for similar? A few of the less known films I've seen and enjoyed, to give you an idea or maybe some suggestions back; The Cube, Fermat's Room and Judgment Night

Slap Shot (1977)

I have a vague memory of being allowed to watch this, maybe in the early eighties. Either that or I've just seen clips over the years and think I've seen it.

To be honest I enjoyed this quite a lot, even though it's a bit of a one trick pony, once Paul Newman's character decides the team are just going play dirty and start fights with the opposition.

What's even more fascinating is most of what goes on in the film is based on events that took place in real ice hockey games.

7/10

Quiet Place: Day One Cat/10

Personally, I didn't dislike the film. Probably wouldn't rush to watch it again.

Mrs EddScott thought the cat was ridiculous and it took her out of the film entirely. Something about the director of this film obviously doesn't have cats. :)

Yeah the cat was silly, it's even funnier when you read the wiki and the actress was afraid of cats and asked them to change it.
I kind of get why it was in the story though, she needed something to want to live for and it made her giving it up at the end more poignant.

Rite Here, Rite Now - As a film 6/10. As a live concert 9/10

I expected more of a film tbh, it's a handful of rather basic backstage skits. The concert itself is fantastic though, wonderfully filmed.

Back
Top Bottom