What film did you watch last night?

Furiosa

Quite excited for this one based on how good the previous one was. It was a good watch but I struggled to get into it. I think it was Hemsworth. I just don't think he was suited to that role, and I always associate him with tacky MCU movies which didn't help.
Still impressive locations and action sequences though, which mostly made up for it.

7/10

Just watched One Love The Bob Marley story, it was ok but I didn't enjoy it as much as Bohemian Rhapsody or Rocketman, would only give it 4/10 still the guy who play Bob was quite good though

Orphan: First Kill

This was actually so much better than I thought it would be, I'd written it off as a cheap followup to a fairly good horror movie. It suffers from the 'prequel problem' of us knowing how it ends before it happens but the lead is great again and there is a surprisingly good twist in it.

Atlas

J Lo's sci-fi romp. Would have carried itself on spectacle a few years back but now we've seen that all before. Feels more like twenty tropes sewn together than a film of its own. Not bad, exactly, just utterly predictable and old hat.

6/10, unoriginal but competent.

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

It was ok, 6.5/10 ish.
Just too many characters, final third was dull, too many attempted comedy bits that were more hit than miss.
Entirely watchable and easy to watch though

Extraction

Missed this last time I had Netflix so thought I'd give it a go. Silly action film but fun enough to watch.

Didn't really care about the kid that much as his dad was just as bad as the villain really. Did make the region look like a complete hell hole though.

6/10

The Three Musketeers: D'artagnan

This film delivered and one of the better new films that I've seen in the last few years. Good plot and likeable characters. I'll try and catch the sequel at the cinema if it gets a release. Still not as good as Dogtanian though :D

8/10

Back
Top Bottom