What film did you watch last night?

Smile . It had intrigue but when it came to delivery it had little of substance. It was wasn't bad but neither was it compelling. The overall plot was a little too simple and what was frustrating was the direction and pacing. There was little development from the novelty of the movie and the audience was left unsatisfied imo. Surprised they made a follow up after the first outing. 5/10.

Last edited:
Dream Scenario. 7 / 10
Enjoyed it but wanted something more. Perhaps a better SciFi element than the dream devices or a supernatural aspect. Cage's recent portrayals continue to impress me and wished he would do more straighter style stuff.

Saw 2 (2005)

My wife decided she wanted to watch these again. We've seen most of the series before and the first one enough times to not bother starting with it.

I couldn't remember much about the second one and although it's watchable, it's nowhere near as good as the first.

I'm not a fan of the epilepsy inducing editing and camera shaking, the acting isn't great and the traps not that inventive compared to some of the other films.

I did say to her that there's no way I'm rewatching Spiral or Jigsaw. As for the the rest, I can't remember enough to say one way or another.

5/10

Finally got around to watching Blade Runner 2049 - 4/10.

Very surprised to see it rated as highly as it is. Personally I thought it was entirely style over substance. I expected as much from Villeneuve, but it must have had about 10 minutes of story in it's 100 minute runtime. And what was the point of Jared Leto's character at all?

Saw 2 (2005)

My wife decided she wanted to watch these again. We've seen most of the series before and the first one enough times to not bother starting with it.

I couldn't remember much about the second one and although it's watchable, it's nowhere near as good as the first.

I'm not a fan of the epilepsy inducing editing and camera shaking, the acting isn't great and the traps not that inventive compared to some of the other films.

I did say to her that there's no way I'm rewatching Spiral or Jigsaw. As for the the rest, I can't remember enough to say one way or another.

5/10
We watched Saw 1, Saw X and Saw 2 and then stopped :D

Last edited:
Going to see it tonight, sounds Cronenberg-esque.

It definitely has that Cronenberg feel, so if you're a fan, you'll probably enjoy it.

I’d give it a 7/10—though the runtime felt a bit stretched, and the ending went off the rails. Just when you felt it came to a natural conclusion, it kept giving and giving when you didn't want it to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom