What film did you watch last night?

The Substance https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17526714/

As someone else mentioned, I thought it had its moments, but overall I didn't find it to be that compelling a watch.
Normally, I don't mind a graphic depiction of most subjects in films, but I found this to be almost too much at times.

It was okay, I guess, for a one-off viewing.

Last edited:
Did they have rival transformer "gang" tattoos?
That made me laugh to be fair!

Sadly not, some woman got told to shut up as she turned up late and was talking ,so after being told to shut up she attacked the man who told her to shut up and started punching him in the face so he started fighting back then her mates jumped in and attacked him too and his gf as well.

All in front of youngish children. Ridiculous adulting.

The Proposition - very good, 7/10.

kcQTXSq.jpeg

Last edited:
Gladiator - Watched the screening in the Cinema and it was phenomenal. One of Ridley Scott's absolute best movies. Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Neilsen and Richard Harris what a brilliant cast. Really compelling story that followed Maximus Decimus Meridius on the final leg of the Roman Empire's conquest of Europe and his longing to return home to his family. He is torn between his duty to the Emperor as a soldier and his love for his son and wife. The score alone brought chills throughout the film in epic scenes. If you have not watched this in the big screen i would highly recommend it. Dont miss it while its showing! 9/10.

Last edited:
Hellboy - the crooked man. I think I enjoyed it. Such a departure from the last two. Hellboy meets evil dead for sure. The new actor was fine, he could do with being a bit "bigger" though. but i hope they do another with him. 7.5/10

Salem’s Lot (2024) - 6/10

Old fashioned in setting and style, it’s a serviceable small town horror film which meanders through its mostly traditional plot.

There’s hardly any depth to the characters but the acting’s ok and the action packed finale is entertaining and exciting if a bit unbelievable.

The premise and creature effects were good although nothing you haven’t seen before and the slow buildup of dread and horror is intermittent and should have been heavier.

Transformers One (2024) - 7/10

A good and fun adventure which takes a while to get going, but picks up in the second half.

The story was good if predictable with its revolution theme and although the balance between serious drama and comedic humour could have been better, both were well done.

There’s enough explosive and fast paced action scenes and fight sequences in the second half to make up for the rather slow and serious first half, but it felt as though it was missing something without humans in it.

The cartoon animation style was great, filled with colour and detail, but it all looked a bit too 'shiny' at times.

Rebel Ridge 8.5/10.

Fantastic actor, need to see him in an action movie. Solid storytelling, atmosphere and build-up but intriguing, if not anticlimatic ending. Seems to be a deeper meaning to it according to reviews and reddit.
I was wondering if it was good enough to be an 8, solid story, good acting, believable fights, but the ending just seemed a little odd, so I dropped it to a 7. He drives off and suddenly it's kind of over? Can you link to anything explaining the deeper ending?

Back
Top Bottom