What film did you watch last night?

Joker : Folie a Deux - 1/10
Didnt go to see it but missed the time of the film we went to see due to traffic so just bought tickets for this on the hop as we liked the first one, didnt clock it was a ******* musical, we hate musicals, I mean really hate them so this the worst piece of utter dross I've had the misfortune to endure in a long while.
Wtf were they thinking spewing this out?

My wife walked out at about 2hrs and sat in Starbucks while I finished the film, I wish I would have joined her.
So the film wasn't bad. You just hated it based on your hate of musicals and didn't get why it was presented like that?

Great week of movies for me.

Lousy Carter (9/10)
"Man-baby Lousy Carter struggles to complete his animated Nabokov adaptation, teaches a graduate seminar on The Great Gatsby, and sleeps with his best friend's wife. He has six months to live."
Haven't seen an indie film in years. Glad to be back.

The Platform (9/10)
Another 9 out of 10 absolutely.

Deadpool & Wolverine (5/10)
Couple of good jokes but the rest was pointless.

Joker : Folie a Deux - 1/10
Didnt go to see it but missed the time of the film we went to see due to traffic so just bought tickets for this on the hop as we liked the first one, didnt clock it was a ******* musical, we hate musicals, I mean really hate them so this the worst piece of utter dross I've had the misfortune to endure in a long while.
Wtf were they thinking spewing this out?

My wife walked out at about 2hrs and sat in Starbucks while I finished the film, I wish I would have joined her.
Just one more thing

:p

Terrifier 3 - 6/10 for a movie critic, 7/10 for a Terrifier fan.

Better pacing, although still a few things that clearly showed cuts were made. Gore, whilst there have been multiple reports of certain scenes it was tamer to me than the previous. Explores the lore a bit more but raises more questions than answers. Art is still the star and he shines throughout.

Never Let Go - Halle Berry horror movie. It's got intrigue with a simplistic storyline but tries to keep the audience guessing so much it loses itself and doesn't exact know what it's trying to do. The 2 child actors put in a good performance unfortunately the material they have to work with is a little underwhelming. 5/10.

joker, again, saw it at the cinema and now tonight in readiness for tomorrows joker duex
mum wasn't too impressed but I loved seeing the film again, it's a very clever film really, at the end when he says you wouldn't get it, I think I have got it now, but in a way that spoils the whole film potentially, depending on how you look at it, and that is the really clever part, but I won't say any more, just gonna take the film at face value and see where deux goes from there, because it might even spoil deux, if I am correct that is!

Rocky II (1979)

Been ages since I watched a Rocky movie, went through a phase of watching them in my late teens remember having them all on VHS.

They are starting to look old, and sadly several of the cast have passed now.

I prefer the third, and I think the first one as well, but is close between the first three.

I do love these movies though.

8/10

The Platform - 7.5 / 10

Having heard a lot of good things about the first film when people have been talking about the second, thought I'd better check it out and really enjoyed this. Quite minimalist in it's setting and story but packs a punch that belies it's budget.

Rocky II (1979)

Been ages since I watched a Rocky movie, went through a phase of watching them in my late teens remember having them all on VHS.

They are starting to look old, and sadly several of the cast have passed now.

I prefer the third, and I think the first one as well, but is close between the first three.

I do love these movies though.

8/10

I love them all, even V which is definitely the worst of the series but it's still got enough for me to watch it through.

new hellboy 4/10 - its not awful but its pretty boring. We were talking over it by the time we got to the 'exciting' conclusion
nomads - weird but interesting film, John Mctiernan's first - not really sure what the ending was about and there was a lot that made no sense.
Hot shots! - still funny after all these years.

So the film wasn't bad. You just hated it based on your hate of musicals and didn't get why it was presented like that?

No, it was awful. The musical element just smeered on a extra level of turd that sunk it to new lows for me personally.
Even if it wasn't a musical I see no point in this sequel and I've honestly no idea what the writers and director were thinking on the story given they already had a template of what drew audiences on the previous movie.

There is no exploration of Arthur here, his alter ego Joker basically does not exist (in a film titled Joker!) and it could have been about anyone locked up in mental asylum and it would have been trash.
Then on top of that they decided to throw in a musical twist which again brings nothing, adds nothing and simply alienates the audience that would potentially go to watch this.

I can only think it was some form of pretentious, holier-than-thou, I know art you dont type affair where thet basically took all of the DC Comic out of a DC Comic character, well played director and well played on setting new records on how a film drops of after an opening weekend.

Dune & Dune 2 - 9/10

Really enjoyed these. I can't speak as to the accuracy verses the book because I've not read it, but as films on their own they were outstanding. The visuals & soundtrack are incredible, I loved the storyline, weird costumes & characters and a really great cast. The only criticism I would level would be the ending but I presume this is due to the fact there are more books in the series.

The Substance 2024

For what it was I enjoyed it, was nice seeing those kind of practical effects used for once instead of just CGI (there was cgi but it wasn't overused)

People saying don't eat during the movie or it made them feel sick. Not sure on which part as it was fine? Just a little bit of body gore.

Well acted by the main lead but it wouldn't be something I'd have the compulsion to watch again as it was pretty straight forward

6/10

Mr Crocket

Bizzare but in a good way, wish there was more to it but the effects was decent and good premise that they could have done so much more with

5/10

Last edited:
Alien Romulus. 6/10
A watch once and never again movie.
agree 6/10 - will never watch again!

good bits - visually very good. echos of music from alien. good use of face mapping tech for the android (trying not to spoil)
bad bits - Actors were just meh, didnt really feel for there story. i guess tried to be more aliens than alien - i.e. action film, in the process lost all sense of "scary" element for the aliens. (and the end alien was a bit laughable tbh)

Wanted to see this at the cinema, glad i didnt tbh

Quite a few finally appeared online!

I tend to stay away from spoilers but do check up on YouTube reviews before watching something new. Just skip to the end to get the "watch it or not" opinion on a few different reviewers I generally agree with

Alien Romulus

Love the original, 2nd was good also, then steadly went downhill quickly. I'll add this to the the "watch for completion sake" list when I rewatch the franchise. The facehugger scene was a delight though like something out of halo with the flood, which just put it a smile on my face. The rest of it was okay, nothing amazing, predictable and what you'd expect.

6/10

Last edited:
Joker : Folie a Deux5/10
Mixed opiinon from me on this
I enjoyed the movie, and I will be thinking about it for a long time which is usually a good sign, I get my monies worth if the movie is like that!
the first movie was a masterpiece, so a hard act to follow
I like the way it answered some of the questions brought up in the first
but again it has left question about wtf is real here
without spoiling it too much, I guess that lady gaga was only going to sign up to a certain kind of film, gaga was good in it though, she can obviously act, phoenix played the part well again, but nothing like the first
personally, I liked the musical aspect of the movie, it would have been a worse film if not for that
I think that I'm going to take the movie more at face value than I did with joker one

in joker one I came to think that maybe the whole film was a delusion, we'll see, maybe the second is all delusional too, I'm sure that some of it is, but I'm not sure whose delusions belong to who
I'm predicting highest grossing movie of the yearapart from the Lotr december movie might beat it, and maybe finally an award for phoenix
hmm, I think that I might have just figured the movie out, If what I'm thinking is true then I'd give the movie7/10, but I still need to think about it more
googling "Folie à deux" has helped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom