What film did you watch last night?

Prey (2022) - 8/10

A different setting for the franchise which looks and feels authentic enough plus has some impressive scenery and special effects.

The plot is simple and the ideas are clearly shown; the lead character felt a bit too capable overall, but the acting was good and they were likeable.

The action scenes were entertaining, even if the violence was toned down a bit, and the atmosphere and tension builds up quite nicely once the hunt truly begins.

Some humour towards the end, but the finale was a bit ridiculous.

The Killers Game (2024)

Starring Dave Batista, who looks ridiculous in this. The main is 55 and the tanning beds have not been kind to his skin over the years, so he's a odd colour and his skin it like an old leathery hand bag.

I'm sure I saw him in an interview state he would like this to kick off a series of movies like John Wick did for Keanu, but this bombed hard ($30 million budget, made $5 million Worldwide!)

I'm not surprised. It doesn't know what genre it wants to be. It starts like a weird romantic comedy but the leads don't really have any chemistry, but then has cartoonish violence but with really gory (CGI blood) kills.

Ben Kingsley does a weird accent as his friend/contractor, and Alex Kingston pops up as his wife, making out of nowhere anal sex gags. They also have two Scottish assassins who they subtitle for some reason. And towards the end Dylan Moran pops up as a Catholic priest who I think was supposed to be funny, but didn't work either.

4/10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom