What film did you watch last night?

Watchmen. Seems to be pretty polarised opinions of this film, but I really enjoyed it. It went on for a while, but I like films that go on beyond 90 minutes and at no point did I feel it was being drawn out.

Pretty much mad as a badger throughout, but really good fun.

8.5/10

Watched a couple of movies last night while laid up with manflu:

• Tron 2010 Legacy - Managed about an hour of this movie before switching it off, only the gorgeous Olivia Wilde allowed me to stick with this film for so long. 2/10
  • Sanctum - Really thought this movie just dragged on and on until it got to the case of who is going to die next? At which point I realised I didn't really care, managed to watch the entire film though :( 2/10

As usual I watched 4 films this weekend:

The 6th Day - 6/10
Pretty cheesy storyline and not one of Arnold's best films but it's not that bad.

It's Kind of a Funny Story - 8/10
I really enjoyed this film, it's not the happiest setting being based in a mental hospital but still some good moments and performances here.

Monsters - 5/10
Pretty slow this one and the monsters look ridiculous

The Green Hornet - 7/10
Quite enjoyable but stupid at the same time

I watched..

- A Scanner Darkly
Pretty good. Liked the world it was set in, and the painting effect was cool. Nice twist which I wasn't expecting.
6/10

- The Killer Inside Me
Hmn. I had hopes for this and I was pretty dissapointed. Casey Affleck seemed to be playing everything a little *too* toned-down and in the end just seemed a bit wooden. A case of being a bit too subtle. Meh. The film didn't even look good, either.
5/10

Watched about 15 minutes of Human Centipede on SyFy HD and have to say LOL!

Maybe I need to watch the entire thing - but just couldn't help giggling. I would like to see if the director thinks he's actually making a statement of some sorts, but I doubt it.

I know I should watch the whole product before really commenting, but it's almost like he has seen a few Cronenberg movies & thought 'Body transformation - wow, that's a good idea'!

Watched about 15 minutes of Human Centipede on SyFy HD and have to say LOL!

Maybe I need to watch the entire thing - but just couldn't help giggling. I would like to see if the director thinks he's actually making a statement of some sorts, but I doubt it.

I know I should watch the whole product before really commenting, but it's almost like he has seen a few Cronenberg movies & thought 'Body transformation - wow, that's a good idea'!

Dont watch any more if you want to keep your dinner where it belongs :(

Dont watch any more if you want to keep your dinner where it belongs :(

laugh himself into vomiting?

Sorry but it's not disturbing or disgusting or anything it's just so laughably badly written, acted and directed that you just can't take it seriously.

it varies from comically bad to criminally dull.

The Fighter
7/10

Wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. I went in with high expectations after seeing the trailer, reading some reviews, loving most of Christian Bale's roles, knowing he got the oscar... I felt it was good but not as good as some people have made it out to be. Christian Bale was good in it but I'm not sure it's his best role yet.

I watched Just Go With It, I like Jennifer Aniston (obviously!) and Adam Sandler for the comedy so I liked it as much as it pains me to say!

Aniston is far too fit still.

laugh himself into vomiting?

Sorry but it's not disturbing or disgusting or anything it's just so laughably badly written, acted and directed that you just can't take it seriously.

it varies from comically bad to criminally dull.

That's more what I was thinking!

It just looks so bad (I'm a big horror fan by the way, anything from Romero to Fred Vogel, Guinea Pig, etc), but this just seemed laughable!

Lord knows how it got an 'arthouse' release - in Bristol anyway, it was showing at the Watershed - quite a well respected art cinema/exhibition centre!

tron legacy. i never really understood the first one and ditto this. i'm sure it was great at the cinema was good and the effects and music are top notch but i would only give it 6/10

borat on c4 now, still raises a few laughs

Last edited:
The Nines. Must have seen it recommended on here or another forum, but in any case, I really enjoyed it. Enough to keep you thinking, without leaving you completely baffled or wondering "What the hell?!" every 2 minutes. Highly recommend it if you're a fan of Memento and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind et al.

Back
Top Bottom