What film did you watch last night?

Watched 12 Rounds which was on Sky the other night. Aweful, just aweful! The acting, the script, the story, the action scenes - all of them really really poor.

Watched The Punisher (the one with Thomas Jane) again. I do like this film. Its not quite as well acted as some though! Not the best Marvel comic film, but a decent mindless plot means it was easy enough to watch!

6.5/10

Leon
I've not seen for years so thought i'd watch it again and show it to my GF. It's such a brilliant film, Natalie Portman is amazing in it (how old was she *round 13?), so is Jean Reno. Ranked #25 on IMDB. It gets an easy 9/10 from me.

Unknown. 7/10

Quite enjoyable movie really. No masterpiece but certainly worth a trip to the cinema for.

A little clichéd in parts, but certainly kept me interested throughout.

Cinematography was great. Looked fantastic in some parts.

Watched the new Disney film "Tangled" last night, is an amazing film and really brings back a lot of the old Disney feeling from the 90's. Music was excellent but the film could have had another 30mins to really help with the character development. 8/10

The Thing (John Carpenter) on BluRay. One of my faves, an absolute classic. Love Rob Bottin's special effects. Love the commentary from Carpenter and Kurt Russell. Love the Hat.

Hmm. What have I watched recently?

Cars - 7/10

Toy Story 3 - 9/10

The Lives of Others - 9/10 - very 1984ish. Very subtle.

The Prestige - 8/10 - better for this being the second time I watched it, as I understood what was happening. For me the biggest achievement of the film is SPOILERS the fact that Alfred Borden and Bernard Falon (I spotted the anagrams this time round) are the same person but they manage to look different enough that you don't suspect they're the same person until you know that they are, but once you know that they are, it's utterly obvious when you look at them.

The Human Centipede - Really "errrrr" sort of film, the guy was very weird, the plot line was weird, one particular scene made me cringe.

We watched it the other night too. In fact the wife insisted on it after having a conversation about it in her hair salon (the things wimmins talk about?!)

6/10

I thought the production of the film was better than I expected and the actual gruesome scenes had less impact than I expected - if that makes sense.

We were going to watch A Serbian Film but having watched an extended trailer we've decided to give it a miss.

The Thing (John Carpenter) on BluRay. One of my faves, an absolute classic. Love Rob Bottin's special effects. Love the commentary from Carpenter and Kurt Russell. Love the Hat.

How is the HD production?

Back
Top Bottom