What film did you watch last night?

American Psycho for the third time in two weeks. I just can't get over how funny it is. Some scenes aren't done as well as the rest of the film but the whole thing is just great.

8/10

Heat - Watched this on blu-ray sunday afternoon, surround sound on high. This film grows on me everytime, love it. Best movie shoot-out ever! And only cost £6.98

Recently I watched 2 Tom Cruise flicks, Born on the Fourth of July and A Few Good Men.

The former was miserable to say the least and Tom really played his part extremely well. I actually think some of the criticisms of the this film on IMDB are overly harsh, mostly coming from people who are clearly republican who thought Oliver Stone was poopoo-ing their political party of choice, which didn't really think was true. A solid and very moving film - 4/5

A Few Good Men was a film I wanted to watch due to the line 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!' and Mr. Nicholson was superb in his role. I felt that the film was slightly dragged down by Cruise's unbelievable 'anti-authoritarian happy go lucky' character, which I couldn't see existing in the military law division, but everything got much better when it got to the court room. From that point I was really drawn in. Not superb, but really entertaining - 4/5

Somewhere - barely anything happens, it's a really strange movie, 1st scene sees a car go round a strip of track 4 or 5 times, with the camera still. About 3 minutes of nothingness. and the whole film carries on in this vein.

Yet I loved it, 8/10 lol.

Back
Top Bottom