What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Now, normally when people post up youtube clips, I watch about 30 seconds of them then switch off.

But that was BRILLIANT!

I just want to echo this. I usually turn off after 30 seconds as well. I had it on my TV whilst I browsed on my monitor. However, after about 20 seconds I was glued to the TV. Brilliant short.

The Rum Diary - Got to admit that I watched this more for the fact that it was directed by Bruce Robinson (Withnail and I) than for Hunter S Thompson. The film had moments of brilliance but overall wasn't as weird as Fear and Loathing or as funny as Withnail. I was surprised by Giovanni Ribisi though, he did stones, bitter and twisted very well. 3/5

I saw that film at the cinema with 4 friends. They all thought it was incredibly boring, slow, drawn out and pretty rubbish. For me? Easily the best film I've seen at the cinema in a long time. I thought the acting was terrific, the story brilliant and just a thoroughly good film. I think it's wrong to compare a directors film (or a writers) with another - it's very different to Withnail/Fear and Loathing and unfair to compare the films/books.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just want to echo this. I usually turn off after 30 seconds as well. I had it on my TV whilst I browsed on my monitor. However, after about 20 seconds I was glued to the TV. Brilliant short.

I saw that film at the cinema with 4 friends. They all thought it was incredibly boring, slow, drawn out and pretty rubbish. For me? Easily the best film I've seen at the cinema in a long time. I thought the acting was terrific, the story brilliant and just a thoroughly good film. I think it's wrong to compare a directors film (or a writers) with another - it's very different to Withnail/Fear and Loathing and unfair to compare the films/books.

that punisher short was awesome. decent quality for a promo self made short. glad to see big ron pearlman in there too. i hope they make another with him. its the only decent punisher movie so far. good mix between brutality (punishment) and a lighter side.

Soldato
I watched Rampaged - by Uwe Boll.

I thought it was alright actually, compared to some of his game to movie ****, this was quite refreshing. I suppose if you poop enough, you'll eventually get some thing decent - like Portal!

Soldato
I watched Rampaged - by Uwe Boll.

I thought it was alright actually, compared to some of his game to movie ****, this was quite refreshing. I suppose if you poop enough, you'll eventually get some thing decent - like Portal!

was that rampage a video game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_(video_game)

thats the one i used to enjoy in arcades. would make for a fun film most likely :)

Soldato
Nope. Think over the top mental gaming translate that into a OTT movie, it works. I throughly enjoyed it.

What is the difference between a duck? :D

Last night I watched Archie's Final Project - 8/10. Only heard about it because Brooke Nevin (the main girl in it) tweeted that it was now on Netflix, and I like her so decided to check it out. It's an indie film about a guy at high school who's a bit of a loner and a recluse and likes to film stuff a lot, who announces in his video making class that his end-of-year project is going to be his own suicide on film. This obviously nets him some attention, including that of the 'hot girl' at school.

It's rather quirky, but also quite funny at times as well as dealing with what's obviously quite a serious issue (teen depression/suicide) with a rather different approach. I liked it.

Soldato
Soldato
Wanderlust.

I thought it was one of Jennifer Anistons better films, although I think shes not the best actress ever, still think she's fit still. Paul Rudd was ok. Overall it was an ok flick and had its funny moments. Hippies in it are quite funny.

6/10

Back
Top Bottom