What film did you watch last night?

Just watched this also and it's a good film. I agree with your rating.

yeh. i really enjoyed it. watched it on a whim really. but found it captivating. loved the feel and the era and even though i thought it wrapped up the culprit a little briskly, i did not see it coming and even though the culprit wasn't a massive revelation, i found the love aspect of it made it more intense.

The Rum Diary - Got to admit that I watched this more for the fact that it was directed by Bruce Robinson (Withnail and I) than for Hunter S Thompson. The film had moments of brilliance but overall wasn't as weird as Fear and Loathing or as funny as Withnail. I was surprised by Giovanni Ribisi though, he did stones, bitter and twisted very well. 3/5

The Rum Diary - Got to admit that I watched this more for the fact that it was directed by Bruce Robinson (Withnail and I) than for Hunter S Thompson. The film had moments of brilliance but overall wasn't as weird as Fear and Loathing or as funny as Withnail. I was surprised by Giovanni Ribisi though, he did stones, bitter and twisted very well. 3/5

Giovanni Ribisi is a very underrated actor. he has had some great character performances and a pretty varied career. i guess thats what you get when you are a bit weird looking, not exactly hollywood leading man material :)

I watched Battle Royale last night. I fancied watching it because I'm reading The Hunger Games at the moment. It's a great film, that's for sure. In terms of comaprison... to say that The Hunger Games is a rip-off is an insult to both, and is such a simplification as to be utterly worthless.

I watched Battle Royale last night. I fancied watching it because I'm reading The Hunger Games at the moment. It's a great film, that's for sure. In terms of comaprison... to say that The Hunger Games is a rip-off is an insult to both, and is such a simplification as to be utterly worthless.

Mrs really enjoyed hunger games but i cant get her to watch BR. i guess you could say 'inspired by' maybe? i will wait for HG movies. dont have time to read books these days! :(

After seeing TDKR and thinking about it a bit more I'm still not sure where I would rate it against the other two. I personally felt a lot more wow factor with the dark knight, but this is still better than the the first imo. Will be watching it again over the weekend so I could change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom