What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Real Steel

I wanted to watch something to pass the time, I thought this might have a small amount of entertainment to it with a lot of cheese, but was pleasantly surprised.
Yes it has cheese, but its kinda a cross between a feel good movie like Rocky or Might Ducks, with some awesome effects. Who doesn't love a film with an underdog story, and who doesn't love unbelievably real looking robots.

I am going to give it a 7/10 for being better than it should be. :D

Associate
The Hunger Games.

I will keep it short , miles better than I expected given the hatred I have seen towards this film. Ive not read the books and knew very little about it. Truely a dark theme for a film aimed at a target audience of teenagers but i enjoyed it and thought the sound in it was very nice too.

6/10

Soldato
Seeking Justice with Nic Cage

Always been a fan of Cage but his films seem to be going down hill rapidly these days. Not a bad film, a bit predictable but fine for a Thursday night watch.

6.5/10 (8 if you want to score it just for January Jones)

Soldato
Shark Night 3D

Absolute ****e but funny as well, the kind of I really can't believe I'm wasting time watching this funny.

2/10 (No gratuitus boob/ass shots either even though it's a 15)

Associate
The cabin in the woods. What an utter bag of tripe. Hadn't heard much about it apart from it was good. Perhaps for young teenagers. Rubbish rubbish rubbish 1/10 (for making me smile at one point)

Soldato
Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows, fun movie but not as good as the 1st one.

I'd give them both 6.5/10. There are things about them I love, and things that bore the heck out of me.

Basically the dialogue and interaction between holmes/watson was superb. As were the visuals and fight scenes etc. But the plot (in either) just didnt engage me at all, and overall they were both far too protracted.

Last edited:
Associate
The Raid Redemption, didnt really know what to expect going into this as what i had heard was glowing praise and so was ready to be disappointed.

I think I can safely say its the best martial arts movie ive seen in a good while, if this is your kind of thing then I would expect people to sing its praises from the rooftops.

7/10 entertaining and well done I thought.

Soldato
Went to see the new Bourne film last night. Really loved the first three, great pace from start to finish and very easy to keep you locked in. The new one however, I found it boring, slow and lacking in action content.

You know a film is bad when people get up part way through and walk out, I was tempted but didn't think it was 'that' bad.

Back
Top Bottom