What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I dont like her really myself but claiming she is why the happening is bad just isnt on.

There a lot more reasons why the film is bad , and i would suggest putting almost any actors in it would yield similar results.

As far as Adam Sandler goes I think Reign over me is the only one of those you can claim as stretching himself and I dont think it was good myself.

I never claimed she was the reason the happening was bad, the question was why was she near it, because she herself is crap. It was probably a chance to show she can do something different, because nobody else will offer her a serious role elsewhere. Just so happened she picked a terrible film as well to boot.

As for Adam Sandler, have you not seen Punch Drunk Love? It's his best performance, it's an awesome film, where he is the outstanding performer.

Soldato
I watched The Grey, which I rather enjoyed. 9/10 Different from your typical Hollywood ending, which to me was a breath of fresh air.

Now I know it rec'd a lot of complaints by wildlife critics saying Wolves to not act like that. etc etc.. A bit like Jaws really. Sharks do not instantly go to consume you in the water, likewise wolves do not prey and stalk you. But don't let that put you off watching this. It was very enjoyable.

Soldato
Un prophète - not normally keen on films with subtitles but quite enjoyed this one. The first time I watched it was quite a while ago but still enjoyed it the second time around.

7/10 - would probably have given it an 8 but it dragged on in places and I'm fussy like that :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dead presidents

A young black man from Brooklyn leaves his girlfriend and his numbers-running mentor to fight in Vietnam in 1968 only to return three years later to find no welcome and little hope for him and his buddies. Unemployed and desperate, he plans and executes an armored car robbery to secure enough "dead presidents" (slang for cash) to give him a fresh start.

4/10

Associate
I never claimed she was the reason the happening was bad, the question was why was she near it, because she herself is crap. It was probably a chance to show she can do something different, because nobody else will offer her a serious role elsewhere. Just so happened she picked a terrible film as well to boot.

As for Adam Sandler, have you not seen Punch Drunk Love? It's his best performance, it's an awesome film, where he is the outstanding performer.

I started out disagreeing with you a lot and as we have gone on im starting to realise that not only do i not really know anything shes been in but i also didnt like what i saw her in. Altho like i said Wahlberg has been in a couple of very good films as well as some stinkers so that throws me a bit , I was actually quite annoyed when i went to see the Happening as the trailers actually did a good job of convincing me to go and see it and being that i had enjoyed all his other films I was sold , and I felt cheated and incredibly disappointed.

I havent seen punch drunk love but its a real effort to force myself to watch a Sandler film I dislike him in pretty much all his film roles so much. But now i am curious.

Associate
Forced myself to watch Zoolander as many people have told me its very funny. Some if it was ok and i cracked a smile at one part, none of these involved stiller tho!

4/10

Soldato
I started out disagreeing with you a lot and as we have gone on im starting to realise that not only do i not really know anything shes been in but i also didnt like what i saw her in. Altho like i said Wahlberg has been in a couple of very good films as well as some stinkers so that throws me a bit , I was actually quite annoyed when i went to see the Happening as the trailers actually did a good job of convincing me to go and see it and being that i had enjoyed all his other films I was sold , and I felt cheated and incredibly disappointed.

I havent seen punch drunk love but its a real effort to force myself to watch a Sandler film I dislike him in pretty much all his film roles so much. But now i am curious.

i seem to remember 'click' being quite a clever little movie that is quite touching in places. im not a big sandler fan either but enjoyed this one

Soldato
Cabin in the woods 8/10

Not the game changer that some reviews made it out to be. So glad I didn't watch any of the trailers beforehand, think it would have ruined it somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom