What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Zombieland. 7.5/10.

It was good whilst it lasted, there really wasn't all that much to it though, but the whole cast was very good and it made me chuckle throughout. :)

Caporegime
Ip Man 2. Really disappointed by this. The first was excellent, but this just felt like such a re-tread but with so little flesh around the bones. In the first one, the Sino-Japanese war was a huge focus, and the fights with the Japanese made sense. In this one, there was scope for background about the British position in Hong Kong, but it was just glossed over, so the fights with the boxer just felt like an excuse for some fights between differing styles rather than actually meaning anything.

The fights in general also seemed sillier, and none of them seemed all that special. It's not like the fight in his house from the first one which is worth watching again and again on Youtube.

Man of Honour
Zombieland

Directed by Ruben Fleischer, in his feature-length film debut, Zombieland is a Shaun Of The Dead-inspired comedy road movie starring Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg as two survivors of a zombie apocalypse thrown together in an unlikely but highly amusing partnership. Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg - The Squid And The Whale), with his zombie survival guide in-hand, has only survived this long because he's so afraid of everyone and everything. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson - 2012) means to take down as many zombies as he can on his obsessional quest for Twinkies. When a chance encounter leads the two to form a partnership, little do they realise it will take them on the post-apocalyptic adventure to end them all. With mischievous female double-act Wichita and Little Rock on the scene and millions of walking dead shuffling the great expanse of the US, things are never dull in Zombieland!

8/10
Wasn't expecting much and been wondering wether to watch it for ages, glad I did this is an extremely good zombie movie and the main slightly anal main character works really well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Batman, the dark knight rises

Bad film i thought. didnt like it. the story was silly, i wasnt emotionally bought in at any point and i wanted to like it too.

Also, the music was horrific, i mean did they need the ultra loud bass/drums ALL the way through the film. At times i felt that the film diodnt even know what it wanted to be. it felt like Rocky, a boxing film. Im sure there was nearly 20 minutes of just boxing. no use of intelligence, the utility belt, skill. it just felt bad.

5/10 must try harder.

Soldato
The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10

Not quite the 20/10 I rated it when I first watched it, but I have become accustomed to just how great it is. It also ruined the Bourne Legacy, not just because it's so much better, but because Legacy threw out so much of what happened at the end of Ultimatum between Landy, Vosen, Kramer and Hirsch... The president was having a cabinet meeting to discuss the Blackbriar scandal, at the end of Ultimatum. Yet, at the end of Legacy, the documents had been 'stopped before any serious damage could be done'. FAIL.

Don
Case 39.

Such a good horror movie, it went straight to dvd which I can't fathom why.. It had great suspense scenes and didn't rely on jumpy scenes. It was kind of a mix of the ring and drag me to hell. I'd say it's better than both of these films though.

Give it a solid 7/10, well worth a watch. Saw it on netflix

Associate
Despicable Me , truely one of the funniest computer animated films ive seen , and im a huge fan of the Pixar films. This was really good, only other one i think that comes close is How to train your dragon (excluding Pixar films).

8/10 and a must see for all.

Soldato
Despicable Me , truely one of the funniest computer animated films ive seen , and im a huge fan of the Pixar films. This was really good, only other one i think that comes close is How to train your dragon (excluding Pixar films).

8/10 and a must see for all.

weird, i thought it was a bit crap. hugely disappointing maybe worth a 5/10 at most. i will keep the BR though as im sure my son will enjoy it at some point.

Watched 2 movies this weekend

Mission impossible 4: ghost protocol
Alright, didn’t really draw me in and i found simon pegg’s character a bit annoying. 6/10

John carter
ok, the dialogue was a bit ‘meh’ in a few places but its a 100 year old story. I found john cartr a bit hammy and a bit of an arse too. Enjoyed it more than MI4 and loved the actual story and background he had created. 7/10

Soldato
One Hour Photo - 7/10 Robin Williams does creepy loner very well.

Inside Man - 6/10 Was OK. Background music either didn't fit or was too loud. Owen should have been English. Some really nice touches here and there. Kim Director is lovely.

Back
Top Bottom