What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Cabin in the woods 8/10

Not the game changer that some reviews made it out to be. So glad I didn't watch any of the trailers beforehand, think it would have ruined it somewhat.
No I don't see how it's a game changer either, it's quite a specific idea so it's not like every horror that follows can copy that idea.

One of the weirder films I've seen recently, enjoyable though, I thought the mix of horror and at times almost screwball comedy worked surprisingly well. Maybe that's the part they're saying is a game changer??

Soldato
No I don't see how it's a game changer either, it's quite a specific idea so it's not like every horror that follows can copy that idea.

One of the weirder films I've seen recently, enjoyable though, I thought the mix of horror and at times almost screwball comedy worked surprisingly well. Maybe that's the part they're saying is a game changer??

evil dead.... :)

Soldato
Forced myself to watch Zoolander as many people have told me its very funny. Some if it was ok and i cracked a smile at one part, none of these involved stiller tho!

4/10

That's one of my fave comedies.
The way they take the mickey out of models is hilarious.
Derek Zoolander plays one of the biggest idiots ever seen in a movie. I mean, he and his model friends are throwing petrol at each other, in a petrol pump, while lighting up a cigarette!

And Magnum, Blue Steel - to me, all his looks are the same!

Soldato
Mr Nobody.

Not sure how this one has passed under so many radars. It was mighty confusing as it makes a story of sorts out of quantum probability, but at the same time its a really great film. A story of 3 lives intertwined but separate lived by the same man told by his 118yr old self.
Lead role is Jared Leto, who is a talented bugger huh, lead singer of 30 seconds to Mars and in decent in the two roles I've seen him in.

If you like a film to challenge you, but keep you gripped, not give you all the answers but attempt to show you the way at the end and leave you thinking, then this film is for you.

It gets a 8/10 from me which is rare. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Rock. This is just on the right side of the stupid American action film. It's got all of Bruckheimer's crass, classless trappings - endless swearing, the "hilarious" token gay hairdresser, etc - but the performances from the leads and the action and the overall cohesive story mean that it works. It's a great romp.

Soldato
The Rock. This is just on the right side of the stupid American action film. It's got all of Bruckheimer's crass, classless trappings - endless swearing, the "hilarious" token gay hairdresser, etc - but the performances from the leads and the action and the overall cohesive story mean that it works. It's a great romp.

+1

its a fun movie. havent seen it for a while. might be time to pull it off the shelf again :)

Associate
Alien 3 special edition , watched this at the cinema nearly 20 years ago and it bored me rigid , just finished watching the special edition and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Alien resurrection special edition is next , also watched this 15 years ago and thought it was pretty poor .

Caporegime
Alien 3 special edition , watched this at the cinema nearly 20 years ago and it bored me rigid , just finished watching the special edition and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Alien resurrection special edition is next , also watched this 15 years ago and thought it was pretty poor .

Resurrection is diabolical. Truly awful.

Caporegime
+1

its a fun movie. havent seen it for a while. might be time to pull it off the shelf again :)

I wouldn't, I think there are films best left to the shelf as a good memory, than watched again when older, with more cynical eyes and realise how rubbish something is :p

I loved that film as a kid, I saw it loads of times, then didn't watch it for well over 5 years, watched it quite recently and with a bit of time between it and not remembering it all so well it was like watching a cheesy spoof movie, the amount of truly awful one liners, terrible american army crap. It so entirely ruined my views on the film.

Punch Drunk Love is an excellent film, sound track, pacing, acting, its quirky and weird for sure but just very good.

Unfortunately he realises barely 5% of america would watch Punch Drunk Love, and 95% of america would watch, whatever rubbish stuff he's done lately. He's shown he's capable of doing "real" acting and "real" films, but he makes a ridiculous amount of money doing the utterly stupid films, so that is what he focuses on.

The biggest issue is Adam Sandler has become such a poison pill to real films that people who want to watch something other than the worst comedies of the year normally won't watch any of his good stuff either.

Associate
Alien Resurrection special edition , still a poor film , only thing i noticed that was different was the ending on earth , still better than AvP 1&2.

Back
Top Bottom