What film did you watch last night?

Avengers Assemble. Really enjoyable and fun with great effects and some light hearted parts , I personally very much enjoyed Mark Ruffalo's performance as Hulk and thought he was the stand out role.

8/10.

Seen a few over the last few weeks (Batman & Bourne reviewed separately) -

Ted - 9/10 - Makes Family Guy look as tame as My Little Pony! Once you get over the initial shock/laughs at hearing the Family Guy cast swear you really start to enjoy the movie for what it is, which is Seth McFarlane being allowed to make a film unworried by Network censorship and it's hilarious (but only if you like that Family Guy style of humour). The satire is knuckle bitingly funny at times (TED listening to The Fat Kid running had me nearly in tears laughing) and Mark Wahlberg shows that comedy is definitely one of his stronger acting abilities.

The Expendables 2 - 4/10 - A cliché too far I think. The action scenes in the 1st and last 15mins were good but the script was absolutely dire (even for an 80's cheese-fest)and way too full of "knowing winks" to the casts prior films none of which worked for me i.e Arnie must have had at least 10 Terminator and I'll be back references, and most of the CGI was very poor throughout.

On the plus side Van Damme rocked, the last "battle" scene in the airport was very good and banter between "The Stath" and Stallone really does look authentic.

Ice Age 4 - 3/10 - This franchise feels way past it's sell-by date now and should be "straight to DVD" in future. The only positive thing I can say after spending £8 to see this is that, as usual, both Sid the Sloth and The Squirrel steal the show with the physical comedy while the very poor story just seems to be a POTC rip-off done very badly, which hopefully will have killed off this franchise at the cinema.

Last edited:
He Was a Quiet Man - 6/10

Enjoyable film with decent performances from Christian Slater and Elisha Cuthbert.
It was also well shot with an intriguing storyline. A few odd moments; the talking fish were distracting but I can understand why they were included.
Overall definitely worth a watch.

Watched a few the last few days!

Ted 9/10! Very funny, Mila Kunis is incredible!

Expendables 2 9/10, loved this! Loads of action, and the chinese bird is fit too!

The dark knight rises 8/10, Thought it was brilliant, still prefer the first film but will be buying the blueray for sure!

Project X....

A lot of fun. Felt the characters were a little annoying at first, (arn't all American teenagers? ) but after a while they molded into the movie well. Original in its own kind of way. Lots of fun. Highly recommended.

Not quite as good as Superbad, but almost there.

Back
Top Bottom