What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Watching Hostel on 5* atm, makes you wonder what goes through the writers minds to create these films, acting is meh so far, gore makes up for it :p

or the people that watch them.... ;)

its like they WANT to watch a snuff movie but cant find them....

i dont get the obsession with torture to be honest. fair enough if its in some spy movie or an action film but hostel is just about torture and IMO only appeals to people with a bit of a ****ed up brain ;)

ive seen it btw - the first bits with the lovely ladies was nice but then it went downhill pretty fast to just nasty.

Soldato
Watched Paris, Texas at the Film Four Screen open air night at Somerset House last night.

Lovely film, quite difficult to watch in places. Very quiet, brilliantly filmed and genuinely intriguing. I really buy in to films that make you think, normally by what they're not showing you, and this film definitely fits into that category.

Also, it got bloody cold sat outside for 6 house and generally very uncomfortable (as the girlfriend "accidentally" engineered it so she had the rug... and I had the cobble stones) which I suppose added to how uncomfortable the film is in places.

Great soundtrack by Ry Cooder too. Quite a minimalistic film, enjoyed it a lot.

8/10

Soldato
Ted ..... to me very predictable, its just family guy the movie. the whole point of the movie (the teddy) could have just been any old guy.
very typical best friend comedy that we've all seen 100 times. Its also very american and overly crude just to get laughs. Its all just a little boring and forced.

Mark Whalberg needs to stick to making films of worth imo.

Last edited:
Associate
or the people that watch them.... ;)

its like they WANT to watch a snuff movie but cant find them....

i dont get the obsession with torture to be honest. fair enough if its in some spy movie or an action film but hostel is just about torture and IMO only appeals to people with a bit of a ****ed up brain ;)

ive seen it btw - the first bits with the lovely ladies was nice but then it went downhill pretty fast to just nasty.

I agree, film started off OK, then some of the effects were good around when the second dude gets kidnapped, then the acting just gradually got insanely crap towards the end and so did the effects like the girls eye.. blatant plasticine :p .

I rarely watch films like this and saw etc cause they don't interest me.. I only watched Hostel cause nothing was on TV. I prefer Thrillers more like cabin in the woods [which was terrible from a scarey standpoint] but effects were awesome and story was predicatable

Soldato
I agree, film started off OK, then some of the effects were good around when the second dude gets kidnapped, then the acting just gradually got insanely crap towards the end and so did the effects like the girls eye.. blatant plasticine :p .

I rarely watch films like this and saw etc cause they don't interest me.. I only watched Hostel cause nothing was on TV. I prefer Thrillers more like cabin in the woods [which was terrible from a scarey standpoint] but effects were awesome and story was predicatable

at least the first few saw films had a point. everyone was an a-hole and they were pretty clever. i would say watch the first 3...

Soldato
Watched The Avengers last night. No not that one, the Marvel one obviously :p

Already seen it 3 times in the cinema but lovely to be able to see it in glorious HD :D

My only gripe is, this being the US version it had the 2nd end credits scene, it was boring!! That is all I am going to say on that. Was totally pointless and really didn't need to be added on. But the film is still amazing :)

Caporegime
Watched The Avengers last night. No not that one, the Marvel one obviously :p

Already seen it 3 times in the cinema but lovely to be able to see it in glorious HD :D

My only gripe is, this being the US version it had the 2nd end credits scene, it was boring!! That is all I am going to say on that. Was totally pointless and really didn't need to be added on. But the film is still amazing :)

Interesting. I didn't realise this was released yet.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Battleship, oh dear god it was awful :(

I like my big summer block busters but its like someone said "make it worse than a Bay transformers film", at least with transformers the action delivers. Cliché after cliché than the bit at the end where they got the crew for the battleship my head was in my hands that it could be so bad by that point :(

I would go as far as to say its worse than Battlefield LA, why cant Hollywood put out a good alien invasion film!

Soldato
Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil - 9/10.

Very enjoyable film, laugh out loud at points. I really liked the premise of the film, and found it quite refreshing! :)

Thanks to all the people recommending it on here, I don't think I would have bought it otherwise!

Don
Planet of The Apes (1968)

One of those films I'd never got round to watching. Wow, what a film. The scenery and costumes are awesome. The planet does look so alien. Great ending to it, one super hot 60's chick :D

Well worth a watch. 8.5/10

Caporegime
seeking justice, thought it was pretty good all round for acting, plot and execution of the scenes and Cage actually did a pretty job :p 7/10

Next up, the avengers blu ray :cool:

Back
Top Bottom