What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Reading up on it, it seems like its barely a film, full stop.

Well for me, that's the point really. Like Godard's Week End, in a sense, only Funny Games does have some semblance of narrative and continuity.

EDIT: Funny Games is a bit weird in that regard cause it's a lot more obviously 'mainstream' when counter cinema really isn't (or can be).

Soldato
The Expendables 2 - 6/10

A question for those who've seen it; did you find it really grainy? In places it was like certain scenes were both in focus and out of focus simultaneously, with an absolute ton of graininess. I dunno if the projectionist screwed up or if this was intentional...

I noticed this too (more the out of focus than grainy for me) but the lads I was with saw nothing wrong????

Soldato
Well for me, that's the point really. Like Godard's Week End, in a sense, only Funny Games does have some semblance of narrative and continuity.

EDIT: Funny Games is a bit weird in that regard cause it's a lot more obviously 'mainstream' when counter cinema really isn't (or can be).

I enjoyed Funny Games. Also quite interesting that it's a shot-for-shot remake of the original.

Caporegime
Battleship.

Liked it apart from one or two corny bits (the old sailors tuning up for duty and the anchor drop maneuver)

8/10.

Cabin in the woods,

Weird, a cross between the truman show and evil dead film.

6/10

Soldato
Superbad - 7.5/10.

Bit late to the Superbad show, but finally watched it, and whilst it was good, I didn't think it was anywhere near as funny as people have made it out to be.

Probably should've watched it at the time it came out before a load of other films imitated it!

Soldato
the avengers - was a good action film with a decent plot and great one liners by Stark etc. also really liked how no one was made out to be the main character/big gun i.e. Thor, Hulk and Iron man, switch the brain of for 2 hours and 20 minutes and sit back and enjoy. Highly over rated film though IMO, especially on this forum :p Only thing that was unique/special about it was that they combined all the big heroes in one film 8/10

Just watched it too and I'd say that's a really good assessment. Agree with 8/10 too. :)

Soldato
Big Trouble in Little China - Amazingly awful (really really bad...). Does not deserve it's IMDB score at all. And certainly should not have score higher than "The Golden Child", which was MUCH better, and yet scored horribly. My opinion of IMDB has been changed for life...

I also watched "Safe", which was poor. Great concept, but ruined by being a cheesy action movie which focused on it's rubbish story, rather than the action. Shame.

And "Tropic Thunder":- Rubbish gore/toilet humor. Saved ever-so-slightly by a few clever jabs at the movie industry. But certainly not enough to make it worth watching.

Soldato
Big Trouble in Little China - Amazingly awful (really really bad...). Does not deserve it's IMDB score at all. And certainly should not have score higher than "The Golden Child", which was MUCH better, and yet scored horribly. My opinion of IMDB has been changed for life...

I also watched "Safe", which was poor. Great concept, but ruined by being a cheesy action movie which focused on it's rubbish story, rather than the action. Shame.

And "Tropic Thunder":- Rubbish gore/toilet humor. Saved ever-so-slightly by a few clever jabs at the movie industry. But certainly not enough to make it worth watching.

BTILC is totally redeemed by the fact that if it didn't exist we may never have had raiden in mortal kombat.

Back
Top Bottom