What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Brake - 7/10

A secret service guy is held captive in the boot of a car and I can't really say anymore than that because it will give the plot away... lol

It was quite a good thriller though and I would say worth a watch.

Associate
Total Recall (2012) - 4/10

Very good special effects and action pieces in a fully developed futuristic world, but not much else beyond the core concept. Weak story, boring characters, and a drawn out ending leave it looking good, but with no depth.

Soldato
The Dictator.
One of the most unfunniest comedies I have ever seen.
S.B.Cohen should be ashamed of himself for writing such a poor comedy (and use that term loosely).
In fact, I do not remember laughing at any point during the entire movie.

I loved his earlier movies, but this was just terrible.

Soldato
In the Name of the Father - 9.5/10

It was a spectacularly good movie. I felt genuine hatred towards both the system, and the individuals that ensured the fate of the Guildford Four. Such a horrific tale, but told in such an extraordinary way. Flawless performances from Daniel Day-Lewis, Pete Postlethwaite and Emma Thompson, acting out a brilliantly written script... It was an incredible experience, and I strongly urge anybody that hasn't seen this movie, to do so as soon as they can.

Permabanned
Snow White and the Huntsman:

Whoever cast that movie needs their head examined if they think that Kristen Stewart is even inthe same ballpark as Charlize Theron for beauty.

Thinner:

Loved the book and for a TV movie this isn't too shabby, liked the Stephen King cameo.

The Bourne Legacy:

Not as good as the trilogy, but enjoyable.

Total Recall:

Despite the poor reviews I thought this was an excellent movie, great action, good sfx and of course Kate Beckinsake in her knickers...

Soldato
Total Recall:

Despite the poor reviews I thought this was an excellent movie, great action, good sfx and of course Kate Beckinsake in her knickers...
Thanks for that, I'll be off to see it this week, then. I often go to see films on a whim, as I just enjoy going to the cinema, but I hadn't heard one good word about this one. :p

Soldato
Snow White and the Huntsman:

Whoever cast that movie needs their head examined if they think that Kristen Stewart is even inthe same ballpark as Charlize Theron for beauty.

I've been saying that since i heard Kristen Stewart was cast as Snow White. It was an insane move and the main reason i didn't go to the cinema to watch it.

Associate
Triangle - 6/10

Strange film with an odd pace. The film is deliberately left open ended which I thought was an easy way out for the writers. Without giving away the plot there are two or three ways of interpreting the film which makes it feel like it was neither here nor there.
Worth a watch but don't expect too much.

Permabanned
I've been saying that since i heard Kristen Stewart was cast as Snow White. It was an insane move and the main reason i didn't go to the cinema to watch it.

Indeed.....Lily Collins in Mirror Mirror opposite Julia Roberts on the other hand is another story (and better casting) entirely.

Back
Top Bottom