What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Super - A normal man becomes a (no special powers) superhero to avenge his wife's kidnap. Obvious comparisons to Kick Ass aside this film was wacky and fun and scary really. Some surprisingly gory violence wipes the grin from you face but overall it is quite funny and sad. 3/5

Soldato
I reluctantly watched Red Tails last night... Oh dear.

CGI was very impressive, but everything else not so. How can a P51 mustang armed with machine guns attack a destroyer head on and cause mass explosions onboard the ship. I mean everything they shot, blew up! ridiculous. Don't get me started on the dialogue either.

3/10

Soldato
Battleship - Was typical lets make a pretty special effects movie but totally wind it in when it comes to acting ability and actually explaining anything. 5/10

Not great as far as storylines go but I enjoyed it a little more once I realised it was based on the Hasbro game and you start thinking back to the similarities! :p

Deep Blue Sea - 4/10 (being generous...)

Surely worth an extra couple of points when
the biggest name in the film (Jackson)
gets gobbled up fairly early on!!! ;) - It's not often you see that in a film!

Caporegime
cabin in the woods - didn't really know much about this except it seemed like the truman show etc. although was pleasantly surprised to see what it really was about and wasn't quite expecting there to be gods......... but it wasn't anything special really 6/10

16 blocks - really liked it, although a bit slow in some places and always a fan of Bruce Willis films, the one thing, which ruined it for me was Eddie's voice 7/10

Caporegime
Battleship

Not a bad film 7/10 for enjoyability. It's big, it's loud and it looks pretty. 4/10 for actual movie.

Although a bunch of plot holes came into mind afterwards.

I am guessing the aliens are the first wave, like a scout party, which is to establish a foot hole on Earth with communication back home. Hence the shield and the communication ship (crashed). The plan was to put an eye in the enemy territory before full on invasion. The shield is to protect the party and not full on attack outside that shield.

But they were not expecting 3 warships inside their shield when they landed either and didn't know what the ships were until threatened otherwise they would have destroyed them straight away as later on they chase down the 3rd. Or that they have a code of conduct in combat that only attack when threatened.

If those alien ships can fly, why are they poodle around in the water when attacking? Why not just fly?

What is the point of those flying wheels??? They seem to attack infrastructures. If it is a preparation in invasion then what they've done is hardly enough to make a dent...tearing apart some motorway? Also, attacking an air base seems kind of strange as at the time they were not under threat from the air force. Which goes against their logic of identifying threats and attacking when in danger.

Lastly, if the alien home world hasn't heard from their scout party. Wouldn't they send in a stronger team to either retrieve or find out what happened?

Associate
Dark Shadows 6/10

Enjoyable and some funny parts , quirky too. Nothing out of this world for me but im not a huge big trio fan , kept me entertained tho.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Raymond even as summer block buster it wasn’t that good, the action was sub par at best.

Forget about the plot holes what about the stuff that just doesn’t make sense or it was plane stupid, I mean who brings an alien on board after they blow up 2 of your ships and not one person in the room has a gun!

Speaking of guns for a hostile alien race there troops dont seem to have any guns!

The aliens themselves arnt even that hostile, they don’t attack the unarmed there ships are well under gunned and they for most part don’t even fire until fired upon!

Battleship makes a Bay movie look decent :mad:

Soldato
Drive - BluRay.

8/10. I had no idea what to expect and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would watch again.

i enjoyed it but not as much as i thought. i wish people would stop telling me movies are OMG frikkin awesome. its too much to live up to. much better to expect crap and get a gem than expect genius and get ok/decent.

Soldato
Dark City - odd, but good odd, dystopian film where a guy wakes up with no memory and tries to figure out if he is a murderer or not. I really like this film I hadn't seen it in ages and couldn't help thinking how much The Matrix borrowed from it. 4/5

Back
Top Bottom