What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Just finished watching Cabin in the Woods, I see what people are saying now and I do understand where they are coming from. Maybe im just tired of the whole horror genre as I wasnt expecting a huge amount and didnt get that either. It wasnt awful and yes its a slightly different idea but I wasnt wow'd but did chuckle once or twice.

5/10

Associate
The Raid - 8/10 purely for the fight sequences (although that final fight between 'mad dog?' and the two brothers got a bit silly). Loved the realism and attention to detail in the gun shots and fight sequences, no shying away from showing the brutality.
Might have to give Merantau a go as I loved the style of fighting :)

Soldato
Unthinkable -Samuel L Jackson as an interrogator for the US military.

Good film although until I saw it as a new release on LoveFilm never heard of it.

7.5/10

Soldato
OP
Yeah watched this last night, I thought it was ok and agree with the above.

I would also give it 6.5/10

I'd give it a 7.5. Didn't think it was a great film but did think it had some great characters which is what made me like it more than I probably would have for a Tim Burton film (Absolutely hate him as a director, one of the most unoriginal original directors out there for me).

Plus Eva in THAT red dress. Actually make it 8.5 :D

Caporegime
The Devil's Double. It's about an Iraqi soldier who is forced to act as Saddam's crazy son's body double. It was pretty good. Quite horrifying, particularly given it's at least partly based in truth.

Soldato
Lockout - 5/10 didnt really like it all that much but liked Guy Pearces' performance. Some amusing lines delivered very well.

Rise or thr Planet of the Apes 8/10. Excellent film and goes along way to repairing the damage to the franchise by the Tim Burton mess. Hope they do some more.

Associate
Exactly what I was thinking throughout the film. The only explanation I could think was that she was suffering from severe shock, but it didn't really fit in.

I was trying to remember what films it reminded me of last night and realised it's a cross between Ghost Ship (2002) and Dead End (2003).

Its been a while since I watched Triangle bit if I recall correctly..

Shes dead. She dies at the start of the the film with her son as a direct result of her actions and the way she spoke/acted its a violent death for them both.
Shes spends the bulk of the film in her own personal hell. Reliving this over and over again with the added gruesomeness of all the **** happening on the boat.
Slowly over time she starts to realise the level of cruelty she inflicted on her son. We see the "good" version of her pop up now and again.

IIRC there is also an item of clothing she has that helps to show her "good" and "bad" versions.

At the end of the film , she accepts all this, comes to terms with it and moves on.

Soldato
Saw Lawless the other night.

Absolutely stonking film. Really enjoyed it. Some parts of the film are very brutal though so be warned. Great performances from the three main actors too: Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Guy Pearce.

Some parts had the audience laughing, some parts hiding away at the more gruesome scenes. Really enjoying though.

7/10.

Back
Top Bottom