What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
No excuse for not watching Gladiator, Troy is alright too

Haywire, bit surreal I thought so more of a music video then a film. Not much to dialogue or anything really but its all well shot. If you've seen the trailer you've seen the film but I liked the trailer :) 6/10

Caporegime
I've said it before, but here I go again... The Watchmen comic was intended by Alan Moore to make the point that there are things you can do in comic books that you can't do in films. Then they make the film and it doesn't quite work. Ta-da.

It's not bad, but the book is miles better.

Caporegime
Yeah I loved watchmen, really didn't think that I would like it either as it didn't seem my type of film, but boy, was I wrong! Gets a 8/10 from me, looses 1 because it was too long! :p

Watched dark shadows tonight, was pretty decent, don't know if I'll watch it again though...... Eva Green was superb and quite frankly did save the film :p 7/10

Soldato
Anyone watched Watchmen?

I remember being pumped for it when it came out but recieved some negative reviews and never bothered with. Is it worth a watch?

Ensure you watch the Ultimate Edition, it's close to 3 and a half hours but it's worth it.

Also bare in mind there is only actually one person in Watchmen who has "hero like" powers, the rest are all ordinary people.

Soldato
Saw Lawless the other night.

Absolutely stonking film. Really enjoyed it. Some parts of the film are very brutal though so be warned. Great performances from the three main actors too: Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Guy Pearce.

Some parts had the audience laughing, some parts hiding away at the more gruesome scenes. Really enjoying though.

7/10.

man you are strict. a stonking film only gets 70%!?!? ;)

Soldato
cabin in the woods -just lol!

Mrs loved the horror bits, but hated the reason for them being there if you know what i mean?

But i loved the nod to the typical american horror forumla - 7/10.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Chernobyl Diaries few days ago. It started off interesting but the lack of creepy things going on and monster/mutants etc was a bit meh. I have a big interest in Chernobyl and that kind of /scene/ and love films like Jeepers Creepers but this film felt like they wanted to show more but didn't either due to budget or time. At the end I honestly thought there was going to be more but then the credits started rolling and it only felt like a 45 minute episode from a TV show instead.

Back
Top Bottom