What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Is the gore worse than Eden Lake? That was pretty hard to watch in places.

Eden Lake was pretty brutal. Raw and gritty are the words I would use.

Has anybody seen Straw Dogs (new version)? I saw this a few weeks back and it was ok. The way he defends his home in the final Act was pretty well done.

Soldato
Just watched Ruby Sparks. Really enjoyable movie and much better than I was expecting it to be. It does a great job of capturing the emotions of relationships and just about every aspect that goes with them. The ups, the downs, the annoying little things they do that you wish they could change but are what make the person.

Both actors in it were decent I just read that the female lead Zoe Kazan also wrote the story as well!

Caporegime
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Actually really enjoyed it! Thought it looked pretty crap from all the trailers, but it was much better :cool: Ignore some plot holes and sit back and enjoy good action scenes with pretty good acting and plot :p 7/10

Associate
The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) - 4/10

Not good. The only saving grace was Denzel Washington's performance.
John Travolta was poor and unconvincing in his role and the direction by Tony Scott was disappointing.

Caporegime
No country for old men - honestly don't see why this film is so highly rated, I found it rather boring for a good portion of the film, overall it just seemed like a pointless film and I didn't like the way it didn't show what went down with Llewelyn when he got killed, it just seemed like they forgot to add that scene to the final film. The last 30-40 minutes was the worst. It was very well written though and some scenes were very good with great acting, not a film I'll watch again 5/10

Caporegime
No country for old men - honestly don't see why this film is so highly rated, I found it rather boring for a good portion of the film, overall it just seemed like a pointless film and I didn't like the way it didn't show what went down with Llewelyn when he got killed, it just seemed like they forgot to add that scene to the final film. The last 30-40 minutes was the worst. It was very well written though and some scenes were very good with great acting, not a film I'll watch again 5/10

Totally agree.

Soldato
Aye I do enjoy book of Eli. I went to see it at the cinema and came home wanting to play fallout quite badly haha

Just watched Inbred, movie is pretty crazy. Some over the top action and some laughs from me partly down to just how nuts it was. Some quite full on gore but not in a way that I would say was quite exploitation. Decent movie and worth a watch.

Watched Cockneys vs Zombies earlier as well. This was ok as well. The trailer shows a lot of the funny parts from it but there quite a few others. Ok zombie movie that doesn't take it seriously, once you get over the over the top cockney talk its enjoyable. Just don't expect to much from it.

Back
Top Bottom