What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
ha!

i actually saw it when it was just the cat's post and thought it was either you mocking a ridiculously bad film or you'd had a stroke :/

Haha, thankfully no, it was not a stroke! Though reading that comment did make me laugh for quite a while :p

As for what film I watched last night, Hachi A Dogs Tale, sat on the sofa with 3 of my friends and trying very hard not to cry! My friends "Its a sad film, but you are expecting it now so you will be fine" was not quite right.

Jcb33.

Soldato
Just watched Ruby Sparks. Really enjoyable movie and much better than I was expecting it to be. It does a great job of capturing the emotions of relationships and just about every aspect that goes with them. The ups, the downs, the annoying little things they do that you wish they could change but are what make the person.

Both actors in it were decent I just read that the female lead Zoe Kazan also wrote the story as well!

The missus told me that the main guy Calvin is her BF IRL too :)

Soldato
Looper 10/10

Was most excellent, even if it did keep reminding me of Signs, I kept expecting to see glasses of water everywhere in the house lol. Thought the kid was bloody marvellous in his role.

Soldato
Watched Prometheus last night. Not sure yet whether I thought it was good, but a bit silly. Or whether it was silly, with the odd good bit. Big difference between the two!

Caporegime
The Incident
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1027820/
A group of cooks at an asylum for the criminally insane get locked in with the inmates during a massive thunderstorm.

7/10

low budget movie but its pretty scary and doesnt rely on cheap scares like a lot of recent horror movies do (btw if you go looking for a trailer watch the one om IMDB which i have linked to, the youtube one is for a completely different film)

Commissario
I've been watching more Bond films over the last week or so, varying in quality (up to "the man with the golden gun").

I also watched Lost in Translation, which I'm not sure why, as it's not my normal sort of film at all, and had no action in it, but for some reason enjoyed it a lot.
I'd give it a 7 out of 10, possibly an 8, but can't put my finger on exactly why I liked it as much as I did.

Caporegime
x-men

This had so much potential! They had most of the cast correct apart from Storm and Cyclops! It was almost as if he was still in the boy scouts or something........ Didn't get any sort of feeling that he was suppose to be the team leader, well educated etc. Bad script, terrible plot and poor acting from most of them.

It started of well enough, but it just got worse and worse, action scenes were boring and crap, they constantly got their asses kicked, no team work whatsoever.

5/10

Next up is x men 2, which iirc was better, but not by much.

I hope one day we get a x men film (reboot) with Apocalypse as the main baddy! :cool:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
i enjoyed it. not sure why it gets so much **** to be honest.

Because its an utter travesty of a book->film conversion.

Half the plot is missing, huge swathes of the plot are changed for no good reason, most of the characters have had personality transplants, and the underlying theme of the book is completely disregarded.

They took the book, pulled out the flashy parts that'd look good on screen and binned any semblance of plot and character development.

Not to mention it was terribly cast. ;)

Read the books, you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom