What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Amazing Spiderman.
6/10.
How they could justify making this movie after the previous set of Spiderman movies - I have no idea. I guess it was a commercial decision and the movie did make money at the Box Office.

Comparing Spiderman (1), with Tobey Maguire (TB), to this - the TB movie was much better. The special FX in this movie are of the same level as seen in Jurrassic Park, 19 years ago, which is not good for a comic book movie. The storyline concentrates far too much on love between teenagers (I have no interest in teenage love stories) and the action isn't particularly great.

Most of the time, I prefer the "newer" version, as SFX normally improve with age and action movie making techniques also improve. But this movie wouldn't be out of place had it been released 15 years ago. In fact, 15 years ago. Perhaps the movie was made an a low budget - I have no idea.

Is this an "ok" film - yes.
Is it better than the original Spiderman - no.
Am I disappointed - definitely.

Soldato
Watched In Bruges again last night, after the Bruges thread in GD.
Great film, it was laid out slightly differently to what I remember but a great film nonetheless.

Soldato
the amazing spiderman 8.9/10

thought this over after watching it and as far as entertainment goes, i couldn't fault it.. surprised me. thought it'd be throwaway.

lock stock on itv now :D

Soldato
Too much sky movies 007..

I hit the sack as the 00.25 film starts, been nearly a month of it, skyfall next:o

Course, been great to go back and see how good dalton was as bond, of all the repeats, the ones you see the least.

Good film the living daylights.

Back
Top Bottom