What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Skyfall, 7.something/10

It was a good action film, not much beyond that.

It was good for a Bond film, but nothing took me by surprise which is a bit of a shame, I kind of predicted everything... :(

Massive Spoiler below, don't click it if you haven't seen it. (You have been warned).

I liked the car, didn't like Q, liked that they talked more about his childhood, don't think Ralph will be great in his new role, however much I like him.

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
The Angels' Share.

Really good, it's low budget and very Glaswegian but it's a great story and quite different. I'd recommend watching it. The accents should be OK for most of you!

8/10.

Soldato
The Hunger Game books are much better than the movie. The movie seemed rushed to try and fit it all in and it missed out a lot of detail. The books are more graphic in their violence which the film lacked, especially the ending.
One part of the movie I sat there and went HA out loud, just kind of blurted it out no self control. When Peter is in camo with the rock face makes me laugh now thinking about it. Reminded me of the moon in The Mighty Boosh

Soldato
Ruby Sparks - 10/10

Best film of the year, from the brilliant screen writing of Zoe Kazan, to the soundtrack by Devotchka's Nick Urata. Stunning.

I'd say don't go into it having read anything about it, it'll spoil the surprise in a way, I went in knowing just one thing, it was the story of a writing prodigy (Paul dano) who is struggling to follow up the success of his break through novel.

Blade 2 - 1/10

Absolutely dire.

Last edited:
Soldato
The cold light of day

Rented and wish I had'nt , its one of the worst films I have seen this year. you expect a fairly good film with Willis and Signoury weaver in it but they must have been paid a lot to want appear in it.

The main guy in this film seems to be made of nails as all the beatings and bullets he gets he still manages to only show for it a slight bloodied nose.

he also has the ability the hit the ground very hard a few times threwout the film only to eventuelly get up again as if nothing happened.

if anyone is thinking about watching this , I will warn you.....AVOID!

1/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Godfather, started but didn't finish, watching the rest on sky+ later.

They showed this on the telly, the other day.
The first time I saw it, whole.
This is rated as one of the best movies on IMDB.
The one thing which struck me is that the movie seemed timeless, as in, if it was released today, it wouldn't look dated. Quite amazing.

With regards to the story/plot (which is the most important thing), it was OK...not bad....not great....but decent. 7/10.

Do bear in mind though, that I'm not really into gangster type movies. If you like the gangster genre then I can see why this would rank as one of the all-time favourites.

One thing that did strike me was that Marlon Brando's character seemed to be like a decent character. Sonny (eldest son) was your typical gangster (bad boy), but the Marlon Brando was very careful in how he managed his affairs.

Certainly this was one of the better gangster movies, though my favourite remains The Untouchables (I am biased towards Brian De Palma movies).

Associate
Godfather, started but didn't finish, watching the rest on sky+ later.

They showed this on the telly, the other day.
The first time I saw it, whole.
This is rated as one of the best movies on IMDB.
The one thing which struck me is that the movie seemed timeless, as in, if it was released today, it wouldn't look dated. Quite amazing.

With regards to the story/plot (which is the most important thing), it was OK...not bad....not great....but decent. 7/10.

Do bear in mind though, that I'm not really into gangster type movies. If you like the gangster genre then I can see why this would rank as one of the all-time favourites.

One thing that did strike me was that Marlon Brando's character seemed to be like a decent character. Sonny (eldest son) was your typical gangster (bad boy), but the Marlon Brando was very careful in how he managed his affairs.

Certainly this was one of the better gangster movies, though my favourite remains The Untouchables (I am biased towards Brian De Palma movies).

Pretty much agree with everything you said about Godfather. I did start watching it the other night but in the middle so last night found it repeated and started from the beginning. It's not my first viewing but the films growing on me with each viewing years apart.

Soldato
The Story of Dick Proenneke
Unwatchable to most unless you think Ray Mears is godlike then this guys docu is 10/10 just a bunch of handheld camera but amazing unique footage

Out of Time
Another good Denzel movie like man on fire, just plays out well. Nothing spectacular 6/10

Caporegime
The amazing spiderman

Enjoyed it a lot, however, I don't know if I prefer it over the Spiderman 1 and 2 films. Cliff Robertson and Rosemary Harris were far better suited to the aunt may and uncle ben roles. Not sure, who I preferred between Tobey and Andrew's version of spiderman, thought they were both good in there own ways. Some stupid stuff throughout the film as well i.e. him throwing the ball against the goal post and bending it.......

Looking forward to the next one :)

7/10

Back
Top Bottom