What film did you watch last night?

Commissario
I watched Octopussy yesterday.
I'd rate it as about a 6 or 7 out of 10.
It's cheesy but fun :p It's also interesting watching the bond films in order as you can see how they refine the series over time.

I also watched Iron Skies, which was very much like one of the old B movies, but with some decent CGI work.
I'd probably rate that as a 6, enjoyable, silly fun.

Not sure what to watch next, as my blu backlog currently stands at.
The Brave one
Cabin in the Woods
Carlitos Way
Cleopatra (had that in the pile for ages, I picked it up cheap)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Friends with Benefits
Ghost Busters
Moon
And about another 10 Bonds :p

My blu-ray collection is a little varied, as I tend to buy stuff in four main categores.
1: I've wanted to see for a while (and usually has dropped to my "buy it" price).
2: Has been recommended
3: I think someone in the family will like (I'll normally watch it as well).
4: Sometimes, something that looks interesting and is cheap:p

Soldato
21 Jump Street - 6.5/10

Not bad, but not really a good film, it was a bit 'meh' and throw away with 1 or 2 actual funny moments about.

Easily the best line:

Ron Swanson - "We're reviving a cancelled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice."

Soldato
Easily the best line:

Ron Swanson - "We're reviving a cancelled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice."

Quality - not just the best line but the best part of the movie!

Watched Skyfall last night - 8/10 imo - not world class but a good step in the right direction getting back to what a Bond film should be rather than the travesty that was Quantum of Solace! (ie. generic action film)

Soldato
The Amazing Spiderman

2/10

Good lord, this was atrocious. Cliched, predictable, embarrassingly bad. Solid proof that Hollywood is churning out **** these days. I turned it off after about 70 minutes.

Associate
Savages.

Dear God it was terrible. I don't know if its just me getting old but I can't be arsed with this type of crap any more. That bird out of Gossip girl needs shot.

Also watched Headhunters. Very very good.

Associate
Alligator X - 2/10

A giant alligator feeding on people in the swamps of Louisiana. It has to be stopped blah blah ...

Poor CGI effects, poor acting and same old story that you have seen a million times before. I managed to watch it to the end but I am guessing most people won't go the distance.

Soldato
Alligator X - 2/10

A giant alligator feeding on people in the swamps of Louisiana. It has to be stopped blah blah ...

Poor CGI effects, poor acting and same old story that you have seen a million times before. I managed to watch it to the end but I am guessing most people won't go the distance.

Isn't that just Lake Placid? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139414/

Back
Top Bottom