What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Forced to watch the dictator,
It's not my kind of comedy.
But actually it wasn't bad, far better than his other rubbish.
Still only 5/10

Dictator
Now, I take great offence to your (generous) score.
That "comedy" and believe me I am using that term very loosely, didnt raise a single laugh or smile, in me. I can't think of a single scene/sketch in the entire movie, which was remotely amusing. It was a terrible movie, with a terrible plot (which isn't too big a deal in a cheap comedy), which happens to be unfunny. I've had more laughs in a serious drama.

I am currently struggling to even think of a movie (comedy) which was so unfunny.

I actually liked Sacha's previous movies. I loved Ali G. Who can forget the scene where he is being jerked off by a blind man, while being tied to the gate, in broad daylight, while the blind man's dog observes?

The Campaign
Not great, but not bad either. Just average. If they showed this movie on the telly, I'd watch it (unlike the Dictator).

Ted
I saw this today. I wasn't expecting much, but it was half decent (unlike The Dictator). The short exchanges between Ted and his boss were absolutely hilarious. Ted wanted to get fired, but his boss kept promoting him. During those scenes, the script was tight and the delivery was fast. It couldn't have been done any better.

Miracle
I just saw this on BBC2. This movie is better than all of the movies listed above.
The climax and final game vs the USSR was great and had me at the edge of my seat.
Great sports movie.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tomorrow I’ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea.

Time travel Czech movie I watch many, many years ago and never though I'd see again...thanks to a mate who found it on VHS (and dug out his old video-player as well) after all this time.

NZB

NZB

Associate
Moon 9/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

Fantastic movie. I sort of watched it a couple of years ago but had it on while putting a new desk together so really wasn't paying much attention. Stuck it on last night and couldn't believe i hadn't sat through it until now, I think i expected the usual modern scifi tripe that would be forgettable and instead ended up with a brilliant thought provoking movie.

Just ordered the Bluray of 2001 from Amazon because of it, I haven't watched it in years and even then it was on old terrestrial TV :)

Soldato
Watched Ted last night...

Had a good laugh with the missus. The whole Movie was like a live version of 'Family Guy Meets Mark Wahlberg". Everytime Mila speaks, I hear Meg! (I know she voice it, but I can't help it!)

Also, does Mark throughout the film look like the love child of Kevin Bacon?
kevin_bacon-220x300.jpg
ted_1200small.jpg

Edit: Forgot to rate: 8/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Total recall 2012

Liked the nods to the original, and very glad it mostly stayed away from the old onerliners.

I thought the film looked beautiful, very much like a bladerunneresque universe, the cityscapes were great. If Scott is redoing a bladerunner sequel/prequel he really needs to note what works and what looks great and what doesn't (Prometeus, I am looking at you).

Some odd plot workings in the script, odd choice of reasons for the overall thing, a good action moive, can't fault it for that, Colin is fine in the lead role.
I'd give or 7 out of 10.

Associate
Saw ill manors last week, thought it was quite a deep, powerful film, well worth a watch

Watched looper tonight and that was brilliant. I had heard it was good and wasn't disappointed

Associate
The Master, 1/10, most unpleasant lead character in a long time, I walked out half way through because the plot was going nowhere and it just seemed as though it was an underhand attack on scientology (No I am not one). It is a shame, because the cast was great, the look and feel was authentic, but boy the story was lacking and the main character was an ass...

BTW saw this on 18th November 2012...I almost wish, and I know this sounds bad...that I had spent my ticket money on watching Twilight!!!! Yes, The Master is that unpleasant.

Back
Top Bottom