What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
I Love You, Phillip Morris. It was well acted and all, but Carrey's character wasn't very sympathetic. It came across less as love and more as his being infatuated and obsessed with a vulnerable person, so combined with his lying and scheming he came across as a bit sociopathic. The nearest comparison for the film is Catch Me If You Can, but his scams seemed a bit smarter and his escapes are in a league of their own. I'd have preferred the film to focus more on that than the love story. Check out Steven Jay Russell's Wikipedia page to see some of the ways he escaped from prison - it's mind blowing.

Soldato
A Separation - Iranian film about a couple who are divoring because they cannot agree about leaving the country, she wants to for the safety of their daughter but he has to care for his dad who has alzheimers. The film follows them as they separate and things begin to fall apart.

It may not sound like much but it had me 100% enthralled. It won the 2012 best foriegn language film at the Oscars.

Would recomend to anyone fancing a different, tense and emotional film. Obviously it is subtitled. 5/5

Soldato
It's a shame. From the reviews, End of Watch is rather a good film, but as I understand it (from what I've read) it's done in a Blair Witch (and various other films) - bouncy camera style, which means I won't watch it. I hate those films, purely because all the camera movement makes me feel ill. Some of the TV shows I watch have also on occasion employed the same style of camera work, and I find them to be the episodes I like the least.

Please correct me if I've misread.

One

One

Soldato
Dark Knight Rises - 8 or 9 out of 10.

I thought it was really done. Some parts of the story, sure a bit cliché like
10 minutes to save the world, happy ending etc
, but overall I thought the cinematography, the acting, Anne Hathaway with girl hair, made a great finished product, that had me fully gripped for 2.5 hours.

Soldato
Do TV series count?
Complete Series 1: Caprica.
The Prequal to Battle Star Galactica.
Rate it: 6/10. Was good, but very slow at times.

No sorry to break the news to you

Tv Show is not he same as a movie

Tv show != Movie

I watched Brave , 7/10 pretty good movie , cast voices were great

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Dark Knight Rises.

Was a great film but not till it ended, I know that doesn't make much sense but when the film ends you have the whole story & it all seemed to come together for me & feel right.
9/10 Must watch but most probably already have. :p

Soldato
It's a shame. From the reviews, End of Watch is rather a good film, but as I understand it (from what I've read) it's done in a Blair Witch (and various other films) - bouncy camera style, which means I won't watch it. I hate those films, purely because all the camera movement makes me feel ill. Some of the TV shows I watch have also on occasion employed the same style of camera work, and I find them to be the episodes I like the least.

Please correct me if I've misread.

There is not a large amount of camera movement. Watch this film it's fantastic, feel ill and then decide ;)

Soldato
End of Watch

8/10. Brilliant. Kept me going throughout, loved the character development. Ending was a bit abrupt though - no closure for me

Soldato
End of Watch - great film ,much better than i expected. 9/10

Gyllenhaal and Pena are excellent together, some of those scenes are so well done it even looks unscripted. Credit to them both for pulling it off so well

Back
Top Bottom