What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Cabin in the woods - 8/10 Entertaining and funny and makes a change from the usual teeny horror it pokes fun at.

Fast and the Furious 5 - 6/10 I always have a soft spot for these films and this one was good as far as action films go. The safe scene was a tad unbelievable :D.

Soldato
How to Train Your Dragon

Never seen it before, but have heard lots of praise. I expected something decent, but not as wonderful as what I got. Excellent characters, beautiful animation and Toothless is one of the most endearing creatures to ever hit the silver screen in my opinion. A brilliant blend of action and comedy made for a film that had me chuckling at times (something that very rarely happens, I smirk a lot at comedies, but rarely vocalize my amusement) and had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end. The parts in flight were outstandingly directed and animated.

10/10

I loved it.

Soldato
Abduction - 5/10 if I'm being generous. I was expecting a half-decent action/thriller, little did I know it was going to be the Twilight equivalent of The Bourne Identity. Teen angst/romance crap with a nonsensical conspiracy plotline thrown in just for the hell of it. The girl was hot (Lily Collins) but that was about the only redeeming thing.

I can only assume the four star rating it got on Netflix actually meant it was ****.

I watched this recently too, mostly for Jennifer Lawrence. Trust me to pick the one film where she looks terrible for the entire thing.

Soldato
Midnight Run - I love this funny 'buddy' movie with RObert De Niro and Charles Grodin, there is something about it that is just about perfect. Basic premise is that De Niro is a bounty hunter getting escaped mob accountant accross America whilst avoiding local cops, FBI, the mob and other bounty hunters. 4/5

Soldato
Midnight Run - I love this funny 'buddy' movie with RObert De Niro and Charles Grodin, there is something about it that is just about perfect. Basic premise is that De Niro is a bounty hunter getting escaped mob accountant accross America whilst avoiding local cops, FBI, the mob and other bounty hunters. 4/5

yeah love this film , its been aired on itv4 I think a lot recently, always watch this if I see its on:)

Soldato
How to Train Your Dragon

10/10

I loved it.

I usually have a strong dislike for animated movies.
The last great animated movies was The Incredibles in 2006 (I think)...6 years ago.

I just saw this movie based on your recommendation and without doubt, the best movie I have seen in the last 24 months (and that includes The Avengers).

Simply wow.

9.5/10.

Soldato
Cleaning out my VHS collection and found Blade 2, dusted it off and gave it a watch, awesome.

Wesley the blackest brother in showbiz, kicking vampire arse.

8/10

Soldato
A blast from the past - Condor Man - 6/10 Terrible but awesome in equal amounts. It hasn't aged very well and you can see that, being Disney, it's really meant for kids (probably why I liked it so much as a kid then!), oh and Michael Crawford's American accent is so bad its comical!

Charlie Wilson's War - 9.5/10 - Fantastic film with great character acting and based on a fantastic semi-real story. It's a little "YeeeHahhh USA" at times but I think it was supposed to be like that rather than done unintentionally but the best parts are the character interactions between Gust (Philip Seymour Hoffman) and anyone else he's on screen with especially Charlie (Tom Hanks).

Soldato
Dark Knight Rises 6/10. Got boring half way through and Batman is only in it for 20 mins or so. Although Anna Hathaway looked stunning on and off the bike :o

End of Watch 8/10.

Soldato
I usually have a strong dislike for animated movies.
The last great animated movies was The Incredibles in 2006 (I think)...6 years ago.

I just saw this movie based on your recommendation and without doubt, the best movie I have seen in the last 24 months (and that includes The Avengers).

Simply wow.

9.5/10.

Funnily enough I generally don't dig the animation, however also felt the Incredibles was outstanding.

I also quite liked Despicable Me if you haven't seen that. Nowhere near on the same scale as HtTYD or The Incredibles though.

Soldato
Loopers

I like it, will give it a good 8/10 as the story is great with the odd loop holes (HA!). Not quite up there with Inception but interesting enough for a Sunday evening with the missus.

Soldato
Brave and Looper, both absolutely fantastic.

Yes Looper has what could be deemed as plotholes but as we don't have time travel yet, how do we know the film got it wrong :D Scientists can theorise all they want but until it really did exists, we could never know how it would work.

Back
Top Bottom