What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's absolutely beautiful. One of the best films I've ever seen.

Amazing film.

Just seen Punk's Not Dead. Which I thought was pretty ace. Covered most of the bases, and although it's a tad dated now with the likes of My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Sum 41 and The Used as examples of "modern" punk bands, I enjoyed it immensely.

Don
The Postman (1997)

I hadn't seen this for over 12 years, so figured I'd give it a go. A strange film, it has some really good parts in it, but at 3 hours long there seems to be a load of pointless and weird scenes. Especially the Christmas lights / dancing scene :o

If this was cut down to about 1:40 / 1:50, it would be a much better film.

The wife was annoyed by the end of it. "You don't get to pick a film for a week!"

5/10, could have been a 6.5/10 if it was edited better

Commissario
IIRC the Postman was a pretty bad film, but the story it was based on was quite good (I vaguely remember reading the original).

I suspect I wouldn't ever be allowed to pick films if I watched some of my collection with someone else, I watch all sorts and will often give what I know are going to be bad films a go because something about the name or a trailer tickles my fancy*.
I watched Speed Racer and Iron Skies in the last month....Not to mention Drive Angry and Death Race 1&2 recently :)

*When I see a film cheap, if it's ever caught my eye I'm tempted ;)

Associate
Watched 2 films so far this week.

The Dark Knight Rises - good film and wraps up the trilogy quite well. I was expecting an epic film though after The Dark Knight. But it wasn't to be. 8/10

Totall Recall 2012 version - quite enjoyed it, never seen the original so didn't know what to expect. 6/10. Want to see the original now.

Soldato
The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc

4/10 Its a pretty bad film. Joan comes across as bat *** crazy. Though the ending where she is on trial was much better.

I'm still unsure on how we ended up watching it. The conversation went somewhere like this:

"What shall we watch"
*Flicks through film collection on PC*
"How about Role Models?"
"No, seen it 4 times before"
"How about the Japanese ring?"
"I don't want counselling dude"
*points at person in the room*
"Ahh, your French. We're watching Joan of arc."

Caporegime
We've just watched Stranger Than Fiction. I put it on my Lovefilm list after everyone went on about Ruby Sparks, as it's a similar sort of idea, broadly speaking. It was good. Emma Thompson carried it for me, but Will Ferrell did a good job at a more serious role. It was like a more upbeat Adaptation in some ways. It was pretty enjoyable.

Don
IIRC the Postman was a pretty bad film, but the story it was based on was quite good (I vaguely remember reading the original).

I suspect I wouldn't ever be allowed to pick films if I watched some of my collection with someone else, I watch all sorts and will often give what I know are going to be bad films a go because something about the name or a trailer tickles my fancy*.
I watched Speed Racer and Iron Skies in the last month....Not to mention Drive Angry and Death Race 1&2 recently :)

*When I see a film cheap, if it's ever caught my eye I'm tempted ;)

Here's one for you!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119642/

So bad, it's good

Soldato
Mary and Max - funny and sad little animated film from Austrailia, Mary a lonely young Australian girl becomes a pen pal to Max, a 44 year old overweight American with various mental disorders. Over the next 20 years their friendship comes and goes but the contents of their letters is sometimes hilarious. 4/5

Soldato
Mary and Max - funny and sad little animated film from Austrailia, Mary a lonely young Australian girl becomes a pen pal to Max, a 44 year old overweight American with various mental disorders. Over the next 20 years their friendship comes and goes but the contents of their letters is sometimes hilarious. 4/5

'Mary Dinkles's eyes were the colour of muddy puddles, her birthmark the colour of poo.'

I love that film.

Back
Top Bottom