What film did you watch last night?

Probably should add a brief summary of your thoughts on these films, or at least a score.

Otherwise this post is pretty inane.

- Dark Knight Rises

Pretty predictable Hollywood style ending, but an action packed film throughout. Brilliant acting from the characters.
8.5/10

- Taking of Pelham 123

Awful, 4/10. The original which was made in 1974 is a classic which can't be trumped even if this re-make starred John Travolta and Denzel Washington.

The Bourne legacy

I enjoyed this a whole lot more than i thought i would.

As a stand alone film its a very enjoyable watch, the obvious links to the original Bourne Trilogy are there throughout but for me they never detracted from this film.

I would say its my fourth favourite Bourne film, however as the Bourne Trilogy are some of my favourite films its not really a bad thing.

7/10

Red dawn - Was looking forward to it but turned out to be very cheesy. Didn't finish watching it might try again some time.

Old blu-rays:
Catch me if you can - Good movie
Rush hour 1 - Classic, started watching the second but not as good. Might watch the other two at some point.

Looper - Not quite as epic as i was expecting, but still a very good film. I'm impressed with how they made Gordon-Levitt look and Willis was class as always.

8/10

The Wicker Man - 1973

At first it all seemed rather strange but as it progressed I couldn't get my **** off the sofa to reach the remote thus enduring the entire length of the film, I've got to say, I did enjoy it!

An 8/10 for me :)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, still as good as I remember it :D

Now should I watch Indy 4 or just leave it there?

The Wicker Man - 1973

At first it all seemed rather strange but as it progressed I couldn't get my **** off the sofa to reach the remote thus enduring the entire length of the film, I've got to say, I did enjoy it!

An 8/10 for me :)

Probably my all time favourite film:)

- Dark Knight Rises

Pretty predictable Hollywood style ending, but an action packed film throughout. Brilliant acting from the characters.
8.5/10

Were we watching the same movie?
The action was weak and sparse and many people have stated that Batman was hardly in the movie, HOWEVER, this movie wasn't really an action movie. I would describe it as a Thriller/Drama.

I didnt think much of the 2nd movie - after the Joker was taken care of, I felt that the movie was just being strung out for the sake of it.

The 3rd movie (TDKR) - the first half of the movie continued along the same lines as the 2nd movie. I fell asleep at the point where the stadium blows up. That is how action packed it was. ;)

I watched the 2nd half of the movie today and it picked up remarkably. The plot was going quickly and it was living up to expectations. It had a nice ending, especially with Robin.

For those who find the movie slow going, hang on till half way through - it does pick up.

I would actually like to see Nolan make a Robin movie - just Robin, no Batman. I can't help feel that Bale was not a very good Batman and that the movie would've been better without him. I felt more affinity to Levitt than Bale. I'd like to see how Levitt handles Robin's role (by himself, without Batman's assistance, because Bale is one of the most boring actors I have laid eyes on. He is great in roles which are supposed to be depressing and about death, but poor in roles where he needs to lead and rally people around him. He didnt fit J.Connor in T4. And he didnt fit the role of Batman. Perhaps this could be due to a lack of charisma).

For me, M. Keaton was the best Batman. He was charismatic. And pulled off the role of a rich, eccentric, mentally disturbed billionaire as if he was made for the role. Bale was a manic depressive with a chip on his shoulder, who would at times wear a black suit. I think he'd do very well in a movie about drug addiction. He'd be stellar in that and it would really allow him to show his acting ability.

Score:
first half: 5.5/10
second half: 8.5/10
overall: 7.5/10

Back
Top Bottom