What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Just seen the Dark Knight Rises and it was quite poor, the whole plot was just stupid and it felt badly edited - 5/10

I thought the editing and pacing of the movie (2nd half, 1st half was a borefest), was pretty great. The final 5 minutes of the movie were pretty much perfect. I can't see how the final 5 minutes of the movie could've been improved upon.

Soldato
I thought the editing and pacing of the movie (2nd half, 1st half was a borefest), was pretty great. The final 5 minutes of the movie were pretty much perfect. I can't see how the final 5 minutes of the movie could've been improved upon.

2 half's make a whole. The final 5 mins, shouldn't be 5 mins. The bomb was about go off, yet they still had time to drag it out.

Soldato
It should have ended with Alberts nod only instead of showing Bruce Wayne at the end. Thats they only thing I would change.

doesn't make any difference to me tbh...we all know what the nod means so might as well show him. It might be better showing just the nod, but it wouldn't be something I would actually want changing

Soldato
It should have ended with Alberts nod only instead of showing Bruce Wayne at the end. Thats they only thing I would change.

By showing Wayne, the ending was a little less ambiguous and errs towards the theory that he lived and is now living in another country.

Had they not shown Wayne, then the implication would've been that maybe Alfred was visiting the cafe in the hope that he may see Wayne...but he probably never does - similar to the scene we saw in the middle of the movie.

I think the ending, especially the way they showed Robin entering the cave, was great. The music and editing in the final 5 minutes was bang on the money.

I'm not fan of Nolan but he knows how to end a movie.

Associate
The Dark Knight Rises: 8.5/10

Really enjoyed it, the dark knight is probably the toughest act to follow of any trilogy I can think of. For the most part hey done well, ending was bit naff but didnt detract from my enjoyment.

Anne Hathaway's ass was magnificent!

Men in Black 3: 6/10

If it wasnt for Josh Brolin it would have been probably a 4 for me. It wasnt funny, the bad guy was just absurd and it felt like they where just going through the motions. I didnt have particularly high expectations either :(

Soldato
Scarface - one of those films I know I should have seen before but never did. It was entertaining and all and Pacino was impressive but he was such a nasty begger that I was glad it ended how it did, just a shame that he took everyone he cared for with him. 3/5

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Total recall apart from Kate Beckinsale I don’t remember a thing about it, I watched it sober by the way it was just so bland I don’t remember a thing.

Soldato
Scarface - one of those films I know I should have seen before but never did. It was entertaining and all and Pacino was impressive but he was such a nasty begger that I was glad it ended how it did, just a shame that he took everyone he cared for with him. 3/5
Tony Montana: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word - and I don't break them for no one."

If you keep that quote in mind throughout the film, his actions make so much more sense.

Tony may seem like a rampaging lunatic, but his allegiance is to his word. You cant say poor old Manny wasn't warned. You could argue that he should have known Tony better than anyone, and ultimately the consequences of mingling with his sister.

I mean who would want their sister to mingle with a drug pedalling murderer, no matter how much of a best friend they are.

Scarface is an extremely powerful film. The character of Tony does so many 'bad' things. But in the end, the viewer (or it could be just me) is left actually feeling sorry for the guy.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Harsh Times - 8/10

I've watched this a few times but really fancied watching it again. Such a good film yet fairly unknown. Christian Bale is (as usual) excellent.

The Sweeney - 4/10

Ray Winstone and Plan B as bad boy (read: completely unbelievable) policemen. OK to pass the time but their wannabe hard man attitudes really got on my nerves towards the end. Plus watching Ray Winstone on the job was not pleasant.

Permabanned
Harsh Times - 8/10

I've watched this a few times but really fancied watching it again. Such a good film yet fairly unknown. Christian Bale is (as usual) excellent.

The Sweeney - 4/10

Ray Winstone and Plan B as bad boy (read: completely unbelievable) policemen. OK to pass the time but their wannabe hard man attitudes really got on my nerves towards the end. Plus watching Ray Winstone on the job was not pleasant.

Will have a look at Harsh Times. Always thought Bale was one of the best actors about, though I don't see him ever topping American Phyco. Awesome film.

Soldato
Tony Montana: "All I have in this world is my balls and my word - and I don't break them for no one."

If you keep that quote in mind throughout the film, his actions make so much more sense.

Tony may seem like a rampaging lunatic, but his allegiance is to his word. You cant say poor old Manny wasn't warned. You could argue that he should have known Tony better than anyone, and ultimately the consequences of mingling with his sister.

I mean who would want their sister to mingle with a drug pedalling murderer, no matter how much of a best friend they are.

Scarface is an extremely powerful film. The character of Tony does so many 'bad' things. But in the end, the viewer (or it could be just me) is left actually feeling sorry for the guy.

I agree with what you are saying, he even has strict morality like not killing wife and children.

I have to admit that knowing the line so well I sat though the film waiting for the 'Say hello to my little friend' line.

Back
Top Bottom