What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The new Resident Evil flick,

Pretty good film on the whole, Ada Wong, omg new RE goddess haha

downers, Wesker is still sucking down oxygen, and Valentine as a blonde? definitely not good compared to how great she looked back in the 2nd film.
another downer, the onscreen chemistry between Carlos and Alice was lacking, It wasn't as apparent as it was in the 2nd film again.

Finally found my copy of Woochi The demon slayer this morning so i will be watching that tonight!! :D

AGD

AGD

Soldato
The Bourne Legacy. 6/10. Enjoyable in parts and decent acting but lacked an overall sense of direction and ended on a whimper.

Soldato
You just like to go against the grain it would seem.

No, how is having your own taste and opinions going against the grain? you're pretty stupid if you go through life thinking everyone must bow to your ideas and likes.

but that's your problems not mine.

Soldato
Bridge To Terabithia. Was in a bit of a downer all day, so what better thing to watch than a light-hearted family film. Or not...blubbered like a girl. Bah.

8/10 though.

One

One

Soldato
Killer Joe - 7/10

I thought it was quite badly acted in some places, some of the side-plot and characters were just plain bizarre and the bruise make-up was dreadful. Kind of a stark reality at the end though which bumped it from 6 to 7.

Soldato
its not been enjoyed by anyone who loved the series because it pretends to be part of the series and yet is completely a stand alone film

How can it stand as a film on its own? This is the first of a new series of films that prequel Alien. There are so many unanswered questions for it to stand alone, it's like putting down a book (i.e. Hobbit) 1/4 way through and claiming it's a crap book. Haha!!

People who loved the series expected a film that tied in with the series far more and it didn't.

What do you mean? There's just so much origin information for the fans, it's incredible; Weylands vision, his decision to invest in extraterrestrial discovery, origin of the Alien species, how we're linked to these races!! It also gives such a good taste of what's about to come in the next series of movies to prequel Alien.

As for leap in 3d tech, using it better isn't a leap in technology

I watched it in an iMAX that was eight stories wide and six stories tall, the screen bows around you and dips below you. In all the 3D movies I've watched there, I've never seen it look as incredible as this. Significant enough to raise itself above others which bleeds into the viewers opinion of the film.

the idea that a completely crap film absolutely full of plot holes, stupidity, bad acting and just a crap story underneath it all is good because of a few bits of 3D is ridiculous.

You're completely right, who in their right mind would rate a film for its artistic flare. Haha!

Poor film, very very beautifully shot, as a series of still images, great artwork, as a film, story/art/acting its crap.

If I considered this as a stand alone movie then I could completely understand why people would find issue with the story.

Associate
Real Steel. 4/10

Might have given it a 6 for being a pretty entertaining family film, which I would have probably loved as a kid. However the final 30 minutes is possibly the biggest cheese-fest ever on film, so I'm lopping off a couple of marks.

Back
Top Bottom