What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Guard

Written by John Michael McDonagh, brother of Martin McDonagh

Goes hand in hand with his brother's In Bruges, and one of a select group of writers capable of producing this level of scripting.

Absolutely brilliant.

10/10

I really loved this film, but it's not perfect.

AND on that note...

Seven Psychopaths - 8/10

Almost a meta film in some ways, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps not as dark as In Bruges, but it's just as quirky, just as smart and just as funny.

One of McDonagh's gifts is putting his characters in slightly surreal situations and having them make glib, self referential remarks on the absurdity of it and this film pretty much carries on that tradition.

Caporegime
I'm halfway through the original Alien, just up to the chest bursting. Watching this again just makes me realise what an utter disgrace Prometheus was. It's like he remade his own film and made a worse job of it.

Caporegime
I'm halfway through the original Alien, just up to the chest bursting. Watching this again just makes me realise what an utter disgrace Prometheus was. It's like he remade his own film and made a worse job of it.

Alien was and shall always remain way ahead of its time, a superb example of how suspense and tension can physically make your muscles ache!

Having said that, I liked Prometheus, ok not on same level but I liked it.

Soldato
Resident Evil Retribution - they have completely destroyed the series now, it can't get any more ridiculous that this 2/10.

War Horse - I though it was a good watch but expected more 7/10.

Soldato
Resident evil retribution. Shockingly shockingly bad movie, weak story (even by resident evil standards) and Friday afternoon performances by pretty much the entire cast. Even the cgi didn't look that great.

3/10 not one I'll watch again.

Battleship. Blow stuff up popcorn movie, most bizarre game tie in I've ever seen. useless story buy I got to see nice cgi and stuff exploding.

6/10 worth killing a couple hours of an afternoon.

Dredd. Awesome. Brilliant visuals, good performances, story was a bit "meh" (but I think this was countered with the throw away "drug bust" comment at the end, this wasn't supposed to be some 'last stand, all or nothing, do or die' situation, it was just another day on the job). Obviously being a film that is so good means it won't even break even and the dross above with need dump trucks to carry the cash to the bank. :(

8/10

Soldato
Dredd. Awesome. Brilliant visuals, good performances, story was a bit "meh" (but I think this was countered with the throw away "drug bust" comment at the end, this wasn't supposed to be some 'last stand, all or nothing, do or die' situation, it was just another day on the job). Obviously being a film that is so good means it won't even break even and the dross above with need dump trucks to carry the cash to the bank. :(

8/10

Totally agree. I think I was bit harsh with a 6.5 rating, but that was because I thought the story could've been a lot better.
As a straight from comic to screen adaptation, it's almost flawless if you don't mind mega city looking a bit too close to the present day.

Soldato
The Hobbit 3d/hfr - the film might of been quite good but I was distracted so often by the pointlessness and awful blurryness of 3d that I couldn't say for sure. I mean seriously, it rarely adds anything of merit and is completely out weighed by the number of times it makes the CGI look like something from a b-movie. Really wish I had gone to the 2d showing, I'm sure there's a decent movie in there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom