What film did you watch last night?

Had a bit of a film watching day yesterday...

First up was Cockneys v Zombies, which was great fun, lots of laughs and some good action, well worth a watch.

Second was Super 8 which was brilliant, beautifully shot, great story, great effects, everything about it was great!!!

Third was Prince of Persia which was on BBC, it didn't really make a great deal of sense though I was only really half watching it...

Double bill last night...

This Is 40...absolutely hilarious in parts, can really relate to a lot of the events as well. Something about this guys movies where the dialogue feels natural and nothing is too forced. He also did Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin IIRC, two more of my favorite comedies...a solid 8/9 out of 10.

Followed with the absolutely dire...

House At The End Of The Street...2 out of 10, it's everything that could be wrong with a horror movie, predicatable, wooden acting, characters you don't care about, it only gets a 2 because of Jennifer Lawrences boobs.

Also the more I was looking at Jennifer Lawrence, the more I was seeing a young Stiflers Mum...eventually got my missus to recognise it as well.

Rise of the planets of the ape - 6/10. Thought it was good but the ending was a bit meh.

Hachi: A dog's tale: 8/10. Was watching this on my flight back to the UK and couldn't help but cry at some of the scenes :o

The Avengers

Finally watched this on Blu Ray, looked fantastic and reminded me of how I sat through it in the cinema with permanent grin on my face :D

Epic film

I watched a few over last week

Dredd , 5/10 ok in places but nothing special

Killing them softly , 6/10 ok at best, bit weird in places

Jack Reacher , 7/10 , pretty good story and cruise was good for a change

Hobbit - found it slow and boring.

Dredd - nothing new or amazing.

Disappointed in the hobbit. Should/could have been more entertaining.

Cloud Atlas - Saw the new year in watching this. I'm still not sure if it was an epic film or just another big budget overly long hollywood fest ala Avatar.
i'm definitely leaning more towards its IMDB rating! But stitching together all the parts is proving hard work! i'm gonna have to watch it again at some point.

Skyfall

Not quite as good as I wanted it to be due to weak a story (give us something more far fetched next time! ie Moonraker), but apart from that all the visuals and action was good.

I still think the best of Daniel Craig is yet to come but I think the franchise is going the right way.

7/10

Compliance.
Very disturbing and uncomfortable. Thought it was excellent

What I don't get (apart from the WTF of it all and not one person thinking "hang on, NO") - Why did the guy hand over the "Backups for the whole system" as being just the CD ROM drive, what use is a CD ROM drive going to serve!

Just finished Evil Dead II that I recorded.
It's one crazy messed up film.

Me and the missus caught the 2nd half of this film the other night and have to say it is crazy messed up as you said.

Hachi: A dog's tale: 8/10. Was watching this on my flight back to the UK and couldn't help but cry at some of the scenes :o

That scene :(, I remember seeing everyone else in the cinema in tears. Beautiful film though.

Hobbit - found it slow and boring.

Disappointed in the hobbit. Should/could have been more entertaining.

I did initially find it a tad slow in some of the '2nd act' sections but overall felt it was pretty good on the pacing to bring out the characters and story.

Back
Top Bottom