What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
This is 40 - I had never even heard of this but based on the reccomendation above I gave it a try. Really good film, also being around that age a few things rang very true. 8-10

Flight - Denzel was great as always. Ending was pretty predictable but a good film all the same. 7-10

Killing them softly - This was totally different to what I was expecting based on the trailer. Its far slower and more considered. Performances are very good all round, especially Brad Pit who was really good I thought. 7-10

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Killing Them Softly :p

Yeah brilliant film, Pitt is on top form but not what we usually see him in. The violence is pretty brutal as well but not in the guns blazing sense of gangster films we're used to. This is more calculated, slower and that makes it more terryifying.

Soldato
Watched and caught up with a fair few films over the past couple of days...

Pitch Perfect- Well, uhmm... It was actually much better than I thought it'd be quite enjoyed it and Anna Kendrick is lovely.

The Hobbit- Thoroughly enjoyed this, could have quite happily went for a 10min toilet break and got straight inot the next one if it were an option.

The Millenium Trilogy- 3 Films I had been meaning to watch but never got around to it, was chuffed to see Channel 4 putting them on so recorded them all. Very good films, think I may well have to purchase them now :)

Soldato
Killing Them Softly :p

Yeah brilliant film, Pitt is on top form but not what we usually see him in. The violence is pretty brutal as well but not in the guns blazing sense of gangster films we're used to. This is more calculated, slower and that makes it more terryifying.

Haha, doh!, 1st day back at work, head not working yet :p

I thought the same about the violence, its very much like 'a history of violence' and 'Drive' in that respect. No constant ott violence but when it does happen its a short, intense shock.

Caporegime
The Hobbit - Amazingly entertaining. Never had 3 hours go by so quickly! I actually could have watched the second one right there and then. Grandiose film making right there (I thought the HFR 3D was fantastic as well)

Soldato
Re-watched The Dark Knight, came across even better than my previous viewings, definitely one of my favourite super hero films. The IMAX scenes in HD on the big screen still drop the jaw a little.:eek: Just a quality film all round IMO. Looking forward to watching The Dark Knight Rises this evening.(not seen it before)

Last edited:
Associate
Premium Rush. I thought it might involve a few chase scenes on bikes and then jump more into the story but I found about 60% of the movie to be pure bike chasing scenes. Was okay, shot well and slickly made but didn't require much thought and the sort of film you watch once and forget about it.

Permabanned
I watched the Dam Busters yesterday on C5, nice to see it was the original unedited version. 9/10

And also Jack Reacher at the cinema, 8/10, surprisingly good I thought. Mesmerising boobage throughout....

Soldato
How awesome it must be to watch Alien for the first time. I was a kid and it was lost on me at that age...

A mate made me watch it over the summer as I hadn't seen it by the age of 23!

I was on the edge of my seat loving every minute of it, just a perfect film :D

Hated the rest of them though, ruined the game making them bigger and stuff.

Soldato
How awesome it must be to watch Alien for the first time. I was a kid and it was lost on me at that age...

To my shame, I have never seen them. I am 25...

Jack Reacher - Huge Lee Child/Jack Reacher fan, so I was nervous, Cruise is obviously not the man mountain Reacher should be, but he got the arrogance/swagger/toughness of the character across really well imo!
If I had annoyances it was with bits missed from the book that I think really should have been in the film, not Cruises portrayal of the character as I thought it would be.

Kept me hooked for 2 hours, really good pace to it 8/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom