What film did you watch last night?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No, just plain old 2D for me. 3D doesn't do anything for me except force me to wear a pair of specs that I've spent years trying to get away from :)

Ah cool, I've never been to Imax before so this was a definite Imax viewing but lots of people have been saying the same^ That the 2D one is just as good so now it's not really a bother, just want to see the movie :D

Soldato
A mate made me watch it over the summer as I hadn't seen it by the age of 23!

I was on the edge of my seat loving every minute of it, just a perfect film :D

Hated the rest of them though, ruined the game making them bigger and stuff.

You didn't love the hell out of Aliens too?

@DiCe!
Do yourself a big favour and grab it on Bluray. The Anthology set is pretty cheap at the mo.

Caporegime
How awesome it must be to watch Alien for the first time. I was a kid and it was lost on me at that age...

I've seen it loads of times before - the "finally" just refers to the fact that I watched the first half a few days back.

Ash's description of the xenomorph is brilliantly written:

Ash said:
You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility. I admire its purity. A survivor … unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality. I can't lie to you about your chances, but … you have my sympathies.

A mate made me watch it over the summer as I hadn't seen it by the age of 23!

I was on the edge of my seat loving every minute of it, just a perfect film :D

Hated the rest of them though, ruined the game making them bigger and stuff.

Aliens is brilliant. I've only watched Alien 3 once, a long time ago, so don't really remember it, though I hear the director's cut is a lot better than the theatrical one. Alien Resurrection is an absolute, unmitigated disgrace, atrocious from start to finish.

Soldato
Aliens is brilliant. I've only watched Alien 3 once, a long time ago, so don't really remember it, though I hear the director's cut is a lot better than the theatrical one. Alien Resurrection is an absolute, unmitigated disgrace, atrocious from start to finish.

Aliens is indeed brilliant. Not as good as Alien though. :)

The so called 'director's cut' of Alien 3 is vastly superior to the theatrical released. I like the 'director's cut', but it's not a patch on the previous films. It is a million times better than that ghastly pile of excrement which is the fourth film.

Although it's labelled as a director's cut, Fincher had nothing to do with it. I don't blame him after the torrid time he had making the film. A real pity. Would have been interesting to see what would have been, had they left him to it. It was his first film though, so I very much doubt it would have been as good as some of his later work.

Associate
I watched a pre-screening of Cloud Atlas: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371111/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

...what a great movie! I can't wait to read the book now (I know, stupid to watch the movie first :( )

For Alien fans : Price Charles Cinema in London is the place to be! -> they just screened the Alien trilogy (without "4": Resurrection!) and they do double/triple bills all the time ..can highly recommend!
I recently became a member and watched a 14 hour Tarantino marathon there...it was amazing!

Associate
Th Hobbit (2D)

What can i say.....absolutely amazing, i cannot remember the last time that i enjoyed a film in the cinema this much, it felt like i had only been sat there for an hour and the end credits started rolling.

Im actually glad that i didnt re-visit the book again (not read it for about 20 years) because i had the basic idea of the story, but i didnt tend to question what was going on in the film.

I cant wait to watch it again.....and again. :cool:

9/10

Soldato
My Neighbour Totoro - Fantastic Studio Ghibli (Japanese) animation from 1988. I usually watch the Japanese version of these films but decided to try this out as a family thing with my two boys so watched the dub. It was a fine film and enjoyed by all three of us. 5/5

Associate
The Sweeney - 1/5 Very poor only recommend if you are a fan of Danny Dyer films and like senseless violence and think Ray Winstone can do no wrong. Script isnt very good and I didnt enjoy much about it.

Associate
The Life of David Gale - 7/10.

Decent thriller let down by too much political emphasis and strange editing.
Seemed like the film also lacked some focus and instead spread itself slightly too thin.
Having said that it was certainly enjoyable and not that far from being a very good film.

Back
Top Bottom