What film did you watch last night?

Seen it once before but watched Tears of the Sun (2003, Bruce Willis) and really enjoyed it. It has some brutal scenes and while the plot isnt ground breaking it's well worth watching. 7/10

Great soundtrack too :)

Last edited:
is django better than pulp fiction ? = no . so it cant be a ten or even a nine cause the script the film the actors the music everything is better n pulp fiction .

And it's this attitude that I'm getting at. It's subjective.

I rate Inglourious ******** higher than Pulp Fiction. Why? Because I enjoyed it more. I think that newer movies in particular are constantly subjected to high rating snobbery in that it seems only movies that have been around for a few years are worthy of being rated highly. Or perhaps they're rated highly by some because how recent they are, sticking out in the reviewer's mind.

Either way, the rating is for the person rating it to decide on and I think the only movies you should be comparing your rating to are to those you also enjoy.

My top 5 movies has just one of the top 20 movies from IMDB in there. (Inception).

Anyway, watched ARGO last night and found it highly enjoyable. Wasn't expecting to like it, but I'd give it an 8/10.

Django is a 9/10 for me, it moves well, the style of the soundtrack is unusual for its setting and works extremely well and for a film with a longer run time really does not feel like it. It is well acted, well apart form QT and you really do find your self just moving along with the movie instead consciously following it. IMO.

Also watched Ip man for the first time, really enjoyed it, the martial arts are very well done and the general story works, Script or translation is a little sketchy but you expect it in this style of movie. 8/10 will be watching Ip man 2 tonight on film 4.

Shame, im rather looking forward to it, what exactly lets it down? generaly just less substance to the movie or does it go the way of most sequels and try to over sell its self because of the first?

its decent but first one is better

what other films have you seen like it ?

you may like Rurouni Kenshin :cool:

To be fair i haven't watched a great many in the Genre, i caught half of ong-bak, enjoyed what i watched of it but the dialogue was shocking though it is a little unfair to judge the movie because of this as they didn't intend it to be in that language.

Just watched the trailer DG, looks good ill have to give it a watch over the weekend.

Most of the stuff i have watched is from from when i was younger, hard boiled etc, been a long time since i have been into these types.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom