What film did you watch last night?

I disagree with him and yourself on this then!

On the contrary Jackson's performance in Django was amusing but his acting was not as good as Foxx's.

Jackson was an amusing and controversial character in Django but the acting was frankly more of the same from him. I hope he's not doing a Pacino and becoming "a shouter" in his later years.

Christoph Waltz was/is fantastic. I hope he continues to work with Tarantino in the future.

Last edited:
Flight - 7/10

Good performance from Denzel Washington. Though the film overall is quite a slow drama, the plane 'crash' sequence was well done, very tense and I would rate it second only to the plane crash in Alive.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I actually really liked this, have not read the original material so wasn't sure what to expect. Without giving anything away, the last 20 mins seemed really dark and twisted (not that the rest of the film was all sunshine and roses). I was disappointed by Paul Rudd's role, being the fantastic actor he is, it felt like the film would have functioned just fine without him present.

7/10 (A solid but certainly nothing more than seven, seven.)

really cant see how you can give 10/10 :confused:

i know opinions are personal but can you really rate it with such great acting as say godfather , Schindlers list , or anything that's a real proper film . even pulp fiction wipes the floor with it and i mean wipes the floor with it.

7 or 8 believable but 10 :p

What makes those 'real proper' films and not Django Unchained? Is it because there's not as much comedy?

Believe it or not, others rate movies differently. Personally, I don't rate Godfather in my top movies. It's fantastically acted, but there are a number of movies I enjoyed much more.

Django, actually, is one of those.

Django Unchained - 8/10 - I really enjoyed this and felt it was almost QT back to his best with snappy dialogue and fantastic acting from both LDC and Waltz. I felt Foxx was a bit "lightweight" for the role but it didn't detract from the overall film. The constant use of the "N-Word" didn't feel that over the top for film set in the south during slavery and the violence was comically gratuitous enough not to be taken seriously. SLJ was the only odd actor as I thought with his Library with LDC scene done almost as a different, more restrained character to the rest of his scenes with LDC and certainly less OTT than when he's around other people.

I thought the end went on for about 30mins too long as the Waltz/LDC handshake scene felt like more of a natural end point but I guess the story needed to end with Foxx as the outright hero.

Believe it or not, others rate movies differently.

Quoted for the truth!

Other then using "Are you on Crack!" for comedy value, I don't mind what "scores" people give as it's personal to them and their interpretation of the film. It strikes me a bit narcissistic to say "you're wrong & I'm right" about something so subjective as a psychological response to a film.

I'm much more interested in what parts they liked or disliked to see if I felt the same about those parts and to see if they saw something (visual/emotional) that I missed.

What makes those 'real proper' films and not Django Unchained? Is it because there's not as much comedy?

Believe it or not, others rate movies differently. Personally, I don't rate Godfather in my top movies. It's fantastically acted, but there are a number of movies I enjoyed much more.

Django, actually, is one of those.

dont mind how others rate films but you should have some sort of benchmark as what is a great film in all areas if its going to be classed as a ten and honestly you cant even on best day give django a ten

i mentioned films like godfather as an eg because of the epic acting the story telling the imagery the whole package even if you don't like gangsters you can admire the actors the whole film and see it is class .

unless you love tarrantino or action diehard can you really say it has that ten factor ?

is django better than pulp fiction ? = no . so it cant be a ten or even a nine cause the script the film the actors the music everything is better n pulp fiction . thats what i was trying to get at

i quite enjoyed it and have said to people that if you haven't seen it worth a watch

Back
Top Bottom