What film did you watch last night?

I watched the second half of Skyfall - after falling asleep half way through on the first watch - and tbh I'm still not that impressed. For example, I liked the bad guy's character and acting but he wasn't much of a bond-villain, I thought.

I also watched Django Unchained last night, and whilst my gf fell asleep twice (I suppose it is a western after all, so I'll let her off :p), I loved every minute of it - a true Tarantino film - great performances from all the actors especially Waltz, who was simply superb - one of the very best acting performances I have ever seen. I can imagine I'll watch it a few times like most other Tarantino films, a true 10/10 film containing absolutely everything I wanted (well, it didn't have any tanks or sharks in it, but I'll let that go :p).

La Strada - 1950's Italy is depressingly shown here in a tale of a travelling strongman and a young not quite right in the head young girl he takes along with him. I seem to be having a short string of old foreign films about self destructive loners at the moment after watching 400 Blows, maybe I will watch something lighter next. Anyway, 3/5

The dark knight returns part 1 and 2

Didn't think that I would like this but it was utterly fantastic! :cool: Was pretty violent & dark too. Seriously some of the animated batman films are extremely good and better than most films these days in terms of story etc. Another excellent one is batman: under the red hood.

8/10

man on fire
American gangster
John q
unstoppable
the book eli
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3

Those are great imo.

Finished watching taken 2. Quite liked the first one, although was over rated imo, second wasn't as good, but enjoyable enough to watch

6/10

Dredd

Great film , PQ was grainy in certain scenes which is intentional but there were some scenes that were very distracting and were like watching VHS again.

The sound is excellent , sometimes a slight fuzz to the bass especially when Dredd is on his motorbike , anyone who has seen Dredd did they notice the sound slightly fuzzy at times ?

8/10

Back
Top Bottom