What film did you watch last night?

The Grey - Hmmm what to say...very average.

Characters were uninspiring
Plot was weak
Research was very poor - Who ever done the research into surviving extreme cold was inept.

Watched 'Movie 43'

Er...what can I say..how do you even start to describe this?? Its like a Monty Python sketch show. SO surreal and out there.

I actually found it really funny, hugely lacking in taste in places, but I laughed all through the film. Much of the cinema did...although however we also noticed several people getting up and leaving during the film too, so probably a very marmite film. Have to admit, given some of the content I was quite surprised that it was only a 15.

People that get up and leave during a film make me laugh.
I remember watching Gangster No1 and at least 5 people ducked out during the torture scene. Fair enough, it was pretty gritty, but it's an 18 rated film with a title that strongly hints at violent acts being committed.

I swear some people just pick films at random without thinking about what they're going to see.

I remember watching Gangster No1 and at least 5 people ducked out during the torture scene. Fair enough, it was pretty gritty, but it's an 18 rated film with a title that strongly hints at violent acts being committed.

I swear some people just pick films at random without thinking about what they're going to see.

Heh, the most I have ever seen leave the theatre was for Dad Savage - A film with Patrick Stewart, set in rural Lincolnshire about a tulip farmer (a good film btw).

So, being in Lincolnshire the audience was made up mostly of elderly couples who had obviously been drawn in by the trailer talking about all the rural Lincs locational shots.....not that it was a film full of foul language and violence! I would say two thirds of the audience had left by half way through the film! :D

The Hustler - Classic pool hustling film from 1961 with Paul Newman, I wanted to like it more but have to admit that it dragged a little and I think that the story has been redone so many times that, even though this is the original, I was tired of the story. 3/5

Watched Django Unchained at the weekend - not bad I guess, some nice action scenes but a bit underwhelmed with the story if I'm honest! 6/10

Also watched Dredd (non-3D) - thoroughly enjoyed it - loads better than the Stallone one imo! 8/10

The wife and I are very selective about what films we go to see at the cinema, because we're not made of money. As such, we rarely go see something if there's any doubt about it being any good. However, we did once get invited along to the cinema to see 50 First Dates with some other friends. It was absolutely atrocious, so we left and went and played air hockey instead, which was considerably more fun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460740/

always on the look out for suggestions so regularly come in here and well I found a gem of a film thanks to you guys.

Cashback, what a brilliantly quirky film. loved it. 9.5/10 excellent British cinematography.

Fantastic film that one, saw that a few people saw it a few days ago in this thread, would recommend. Maybe not one to watch with anyone sensitive to nudity!

Django Unchained - 9/10

Very good film. Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are Tarantino's best films, but Django is definitely up there with Inglorious ********. I would say it's the best film I've seen all year, but seeing as it's technically only the second film I've seen this year at the cinema, that wouldn't be too difficult. So instead, I'll say it's among the best films I've seen in the past 12 months.

Everything about the film was just superb and it had enough of everything (i.e., drama, violence, action, comic relief) to make it a true Tarantino film.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray release.

Back
Top Bottom